Baby boomers: Officially, you’re now senior citizens

Geee

Baby-boomers-Officially-you-re-now-senior-citizens
Christian Science Monitor:

That generation of Americans raised on “Leave It to Beaver,” who came of age during the battles over racial segregation, fought in (or over) the Vietnam War, joined the Peace Corps, marched for women’s rights, and populated suburbia with their offspring are now senior citizens.

We’re talking about baby boomers here – people born between 1946 and 1964, the first of whom turned 65 on New Years Day.

OK, so it’s mainly a big deal for demographers, wonkishly charting and graphing society.snip

SOME Baby Boomers are senior citizens. At one end, BBs are just 46 - hardly seniors.

(Not that I'm sensitive about being called a senior citizen or anything.)

Since 1986 (and the Simpson-Mazzolli Amnesty Law) I have held Senator Simpson in the kind of contempt usually reserved for liberals.

Through the years up to today, he keeps doing/saying things that remind me why I feel the way I do about him.

To wit: he's a maroon

Since 1986 (and the Simpson-Mazzolli Amnesty Law) I have held Senator Simpson in the kind of contempt usually reserved for liberals.

Through the years up to today, he keeps doing/saying things that remind me why I feel the way I do about him.

To wit: he's a maroon

yes. decades ago he was a spot of wit and gentle sarcasm in an otherwise dreary place known as congress.

now, he's just a..well....maroon.