The Ten Most Annoying Commercials of 2010

Geee

the-ten-most-annoying-commercials-of-2010
Pajamas Media:

Commercials. We love ‘em, we hate ‘em, they give us a chance to hit the restroom and for the folks who own the networks and produce the content, they pay the bills. Some commercials are great. Many are downright annoying. Some are annoying because their premises are flawed. Some are annoying because their corporate campaign has run its course and devolved from edgy or hip to become old and annoying. Some are just annoying because they’re based around spokesmen who are annoying, who are made to do annoying things.

Here’s my list of the commercials that annoyed me most over the past year.snip

I will rate the "Progressive Insurance" commercials right up there as the article does... But not just because of the annoying people and themes... but because I hate the name of their company (and the extreme Leftist political leanings of chairman Peter Lewis).

Late night cable ads for all: Debt Consolidations Companies, Ambulance Chasing Trial Lawyers, and Prescription Drug Advertisers.

"Do you have mountains of credit card debt through no fault of your own?"

"Have you or anyone in your extended family ever been sick or thought about being sick after taking XXXXXX?"

"Taking XXXXXXX will cure what ails you as well as making you young and beautiful again! Side affects may include cancer, heart failure, projectile vomiting of blood, blindness, rotting of the genitalia, boils, drought, locust, pestilence, and depression."

shoutNCTexan. Your are right and I think that's WHY he named the company Progressive-because he is proud of it. Big Dem contributor, Individually AND the company.

The credit card debt through no fault of their own bugs me as much as "it's MY money and I want it now!!!" :angry:

Oh yeah. Any of those Progressive ads with that idiot woman salesperson drive me up the wall. I just saw the man purse ad for the first time today. Felt the same way as the guy who wrote the article. And I want to punch that State Farm spokesman guy right in the face. He takes all the irritating aspects of Tom Cruise and quadruples them. Really, I'm not sure who produces any insurance company ads. I pretty much hate them all, with the possible exception of the caveman commercials...and those start to wear after the 30th time. Other than insurance...who in the world produces Burger King ads? Seriously? Must be someone with a lot of McDonalds stock.

pollyannaish

I did like the celebrity insurance ads, where they had a real person tell a story and then have an celebrity repeat it for impact. And I currently like the "Does Charlie Daniels play a mean fiddle" and "Does a drill sargeant make a good therapist" series.

Well. At least for the first five or six times, ya jackwagon. ;)

The big problem with TV commercials is that they are effective about the time they are driving everyone crazy. Which means that you're going to see them long past the time when they seem clever or interesting.

I LOVE a clever, funny ad but most of them are not particularly effective. The most effective are the ones that actually annoy me to no end. Like walk in baths, Oxyclean, and Mesothelioma. Which means we're going to be seeing a lot of pajama jeans on the street very shortly.

Geee!

Guess I could read the article, but first here's my list:

Robert Wagner and the amazing Reverse Mortgage

The moronic parents letting their brat get on the stage and play the concert piano. Encouragement, pass it on.

Anything with a Beard and What's In Your Wallet.

The moron who keeps crashing and damaging things for Alstate Insurance.

And come one people, we need to stop reusing a catheters....