The Return of Obama Gravitas

Geee

the_return_of_obama_gravitas.html
American Thinker:

tay tuned for 2011, when the political and media establishment will declare that indeed, Barack Obama has found his misplaced gravitas. Insiders will celebrate an awesomely deep president who will have sharpened his pants crease and will again bask in the unrestrained praise of the media gods. Amazing media grace: It once was lost, but now it's found, a gravitas for all to see

Do not be surprised when the first quarter of the new year brings a flood of stories celebrating the newly found effectiveness of the president and his policies. Official Washington will join with old media to again celebrate the president's "gravitas," which is code for belief in the necessity of "a rather small Western elite" to manage every aspect of our lives. At the same time, a Tea Party-influenced Congress will be portrayed as lacking seriousness of purpose -- gravitas, the media will put it -- by virtue of its constrictive policies and approaches. Limited government? Individual responsibility? Constitutional restrictions? All simply the thoughts and machinations of people who lack the intelligence to think big, to engage in social engineering on behalf of a greater vision. In other words, a citizenry and new Congress that lack gravitas, the media will tell us.

Gravitas -- what more can you ask for? Hence, the new year will bring renewed emphasis on the "brilliance" of Obama despite all evidence to the contrary. Never mind a presidency that has been "a striking failure"(American Thinker), a president whose direction of a "profligate Congress [that] carpet-bombs taxpayer dollars on greedy federal bureaucrats" (National Review), and a White House that offers "corruption" and "blatant disregard for the rule of law" (Judicial Watch)? Whom are you going to believe -- the media or your lying eyes?snip

righteousmomma

Great article!

With the need to assist his reelection, the networks and newspapers will shift from the occasional "Has Obama lost his gravitas?" to "Well, gosh darn, it turns out he never lost it because he is it!" The New York Times Company let us know this past week through its Boston Globe subsidiary that Obama is the embodiment of seriousness. By using a word or embracing an issue, Obama "can add a bit to its gravitas." His involvement underlines the importance of an issue or course of action. What's important? We dunno, says the New York Times, the Washington Post, the networks. Ask the guy with the gravitas who sets the agenda.

Obama is not in Washington to serve; he is in Washington to engineer. And there are few things in life more important than engineering outcomes for the lives of other people -- that's what you do when you have gravitas.

obama_bike.jpg

The Return of Obama Gravitas

Barry Obama... only gravitationally surpassed by Pee Wee Herman!

PeeWeeBike.jpg

Every time I see Barry, I think... "What if Pee Wee and (the real) Urkle had a baby?" :unsure:

:lol: Good one, NCT. I haven't read the article yet, but you made me laugh.

Nickydog.... I go to CNN once a day to see what "The MainStream Media" has to say about events.

They've been promoting the idea that Obama has moved to the middle.

This is an interesting idea to push now (as is his coming gravitas) but logically has to indicate that he had been operating "on the Left"... an idea that I don't think had ever been admitted by the MSM.

(Oh I forgot... for Liberals, history begins with the last 24 hour news cycle.)

I was hoping for Obama to have a complete lack of "gravitas" so he can quickly leave this earthly sphere.....where he can then find a more "universal" appeal.

Or is it: Gravitas-anything used to improve the taste of your "mashed potato-tas."