The Worst of Obama in 2010

Geee

the-worst-of-obama-in-2010
American Spectator:

With 2010 drawing to a close, President Obama appears to be ending the year on a positive note.

After passing the tax cut compromise with Republicans, Charles Krauthammer hailed Obama as "the new comeback kid." When you throw in the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and the ratification of the new START Treaty with Russia into the equation one could make the case that Obama has made a remarkable comeback after the "shellacking" he and the Democratic Party took in the November mid-term elections which now seem like a lifetime ago. Could it be that President Obama's "mojo" has returned?

Well, perhaps it has returned. But as the old adage goes, "A week in politics is a lifetime." In seven days time, talk of President Obama having his "mojo" back or being bestowed as "the new comeback kid" could be as fleeting as a snowstorm in Boston.
To be fair, we don't know what the future holds for President Obama. However, if 2010 is any indication, he will invariably say and do things in 2011 that won't inspire the confidence of his fellow Americans. With this in mind, let us take a look back at a few of the most egregious things Obama said and did in 2010.snip

righteousmomma
After passing the tax cut compromise with Republicans, Charles Krauthammer hailed Obama as "the new comeback kid." When you throw in the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and the ratification of the new START Treaty with Russia into the equation one could make the case that Obama has made a remarkable comeback after the "shellacking" he and the Democratic Party took in the November mid-term elections which now seem like a lifetime ago. Could it be that President Obama's "mojo" has returned?

Dr. Krauthammer said that??? Shazam!! I find that rather incredible coming from him - unless it is a statement out of context

The only mojo he has is his Title and a DemoRat majority in congress and the MSM.

Dr. Krauthammer said that??? Shazam!! I find that rather incredible coming from him - unless it is a statement out of context

The only mojo he has is his Title and a DemoRat majority in congress and the MSM.

It is here. And wildly, imo opinion, repeated without the proper context. His point is that the GOP was out manuevered in the tax deal by Obama and that he was able to use that deal to pivot away from his current reputation as a liberal. It allows him to paint himself as bi-partisan and holds some political traps for the GOP due to the timing of the tax-cut expirations etc.

Conservatives have roundly criticized him for this...but part of me thinks Krauthammer may be right. However, I am not sure that the GOP could have done what was right for the country without giving Obama some short term advantages, so I'm decidedly mixed on this issue.