Big Nannies Of The Year

Geee

article.php?id=40861
Human Events:

article.php?id=40861
Human Events:

It was a nefarious year for nettlesome nosy-bodies employed by the Nanny State. Here are the top power-grabbers of 2010 who just can't leave us alone:

-- New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Two feet of snow paralyzed trains, buses, plows and emergency vehicles in the Big Apple this week. Perhaps if Bloomberg -- the nation's top self-appointed municipal food cop -- spent more of his time on core government duties instead of waging incessant war on taxpayers' salt, soda, trans-fat and sugar intakes, his battered bailiwick would have been better equipped to weather the storm.

-- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood. He proposed meddling mileage taxes, mused about a system to track drivers' routes, lobbied for high-speed rail boondoggles and promoted a "livability initiative" to limit suburban growth and force dwellers into public transportation. Then America's driving czar floated a plan earlier this fall to disable cell phones through some kind of centralized government mechanism. LaHood backed off that creepy crusade, but he is still intent on waging war against drivers who choose to use cell phones, entertainment systems and GPS devices on the road. Just last week, the unstoppable control freak proposed a new rule banning truck and bus drivers from any use of cell phones while driving -- including emergency calls on hands-free devices. His anti-car agenda is stuck in overdrive.snip

righteousmomma

I just wanted to let Geee know that I performed my first official act as a Board member and deleted her self proclaimed duplicate post. :P:D

I just wanted to let Geee know that I performed my first official act as a Board member and deleted her self proclaimed duplicate post. :P:D

:lol::lol: :lol: Thanks RM.

Whoohoo! I guess we can cease the hazing now. :lol:

Whoohoo! I guess we can cease the hazing now. :lol:

No, not yet. :D

Good job, righte!