Texas Pastor Says She's No Thief

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?test=latestnews
Fox News:

Police say a prominent south Dallas pastor burglarized the home of her parishioner on Christmas Eve, MyFoxdfw.com reports.

Sandra McGriff, who leads The Church of the Living God and is a member of a politically active family, spent much of Christmas Day in jail.

According to investigators, 51-year-old McGriff broke into Serita Agnew's home and tried to steal more than $10,000 worth of fur coats, designer purses and electronics.

They said a neighbor, who saw McGriff climb into Agnew's house through a broken window, called police. When officers arrived, they allegedly found McGriff loading stolen items into her car.

Police said McGriff used an alias, attacked officers and slipped out of a set of handcuffs before being charged with burglary and resisting arrest.

"I'm just, still, just really not believing it," Agnew said. "She's a powerful pastor … I can't even begin to put my level of rage in words"

With slurred speech she attributed to pain pills, McGriff said she is innocent.

"I'm a giver, not a taker. I'm not a burlgarer (sic)," she said.
________

Pain pills. Okaaaaay... :rolleyes:

"McGriff has a criminal past that includes prostitution and fraud, but says she has turned her life around and would never harm Agnew."

Sounds like a real peach. I'll be there are some interesting sermons in that church.

"McGriff has a criminal past that includes prostitution and fraud, but says she has turned her life around and would never harm Agnew."

Sounds like a real peach. I'll be there are some interesting sermons in that church.

Taking a closer look at all the facts here...

thumb160x_evanglist_sandy_mcgriff.jpg

"and is a member of a politically active family" (Hmmm Tea Party maybe?)

One might guess that "Pastor" McGriff attended the same theological institution that produced the "Reverend" Al Sharpton and "Reverend" Jesse Jackson... Bamboozling Theological Seminary.

BTW, her politically active family includes "Bishop" Larry McGriff who was very active in Dallas DEM politics until his death in February.

The Bishop got married last year (2009) in an elaborate ceremony attended by the DEM mayor of Dallas and other DEM notables.

Quite a gala event...

More than twenty bridesmaids and groomsmen made up the wedding party, with the ladies wearing lengthy deep purple dresses, accompanied with strapped clutch purses of the same color. The women complemented the bride who wore a tiara which shined from across the room. Black suits and shiny shoes were a signature look for the men in what had to be the wedding of the year.

And some interesting theology taking place there...

In the midst of family, friends and church members, the two honorees were blessed by readings from respected and authoritative doctrines: the Christian Bible, Muslim Qur’an, Book of Mormon, and the Jewish Torah. Imam Muhammad Shakoor, and President Barry Smith of the Dallas Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints were two of five clergymen who offered their blessings to the newlyweds. Other bishops, apostles and pastors were also present for the interfaith nuptials.

I call this real "Big Tent" Christianity... :blink: