Berwick Sets Up Death Panels By Fiat

Geee

berwick-sets-up-death-panels-b
American Spectator:

"If they would rather die they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population." -- Ebenezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol

Sarah Palin was right.

John Boehner -- make that Speaker-elect of the House John Boehner -- was right.

While Americans were busy celebrating with family and friends and presumably not paying attention to the news, the New York Times, in a story ironically dated Christmas Day -- a holiday celebrating the birth of the Prince of Peace -- reported the following:

Obama Returns to End-of-Life Plan That Caused Stir

WASHINGTON -- When a proposal to encourage end-of-life planning touched off a political storm over "death panels," Democrats dropped it from legislation to overhaul the health care system. But the Obama administration will achieve the same goal by regulation, starting Jan. 1.

In other words, the 2009 charge leveled by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and the then-House Minority Leader Boehner that Obama fully intended to set up what Palin termed government "death panels" -- panels that Boehner said would set the government on the road to euthanasia -- is no longer a charge.

It's reality. By executive fiat -- in this case a new Medicare rule issued by Obama Medicare chief Dr. Donald Berwick.snip

As Hitler came to be Fuhrer [1939], he issued an order, "Aktion T4" that insisted that "life, not worthy of life" should be terminated. Children up to age 3, that exhibited mental retardation, physical defects or other symptoms listed on a Reich Ministry questionnaire, were to be registered by doctors and mid-wives. Graded by a panel of three appointed government officials; these children were given lethal injections or starved to death. Each official could give a red + [plus] or a blue - {minus] and if a child had three pluses +++, he was euthanized. They had a constant review if they had less than three pluses, and a more lenient criteria for death. This program came to be expanded to older children & adults; including anyone not of German birth, Jews, Negroes & Gypsies. A Catholic Bishop, Clemens von Galen, in 1941, spoke from the pulpit & condemned the Nazi's, their euthanasia program ["...as just plain killing.."] and Hitler stopped the program temporarily. Over a hundred thousand had already died. Hitler had the Nazi SS behead 3 parish priests that had distributed the Bishop's sermon, but left the Bishop alive. The SS used the killing camps to perfect their procedures & establish concentration camps.

Berwick/Obama should be tried for crimes against humanity, if these death panels are successful.

Most hospitals in the United States have a end of life administrator that gives families options such as hospice care. Having a will or a living will would be considered end of life planning. I have a will and money set aside for the way I want to be buried.My will is six pages long. I have a living will stating my wishes in case I am unable to make them.I see nothing wrong of getting advice and taking control how I or a loved one should die. I made the sole decision to pull the plug on my father after getting advice from two doctors and one administrator after an half and hour consultation.I had to measure the costs of him wasting away in a hospice and what the long term damage toward his body.Would I make the same decision again, Yes.The man was suffering. What was I supposed to do? See him suffer and screaming that he was in pain while he was dozing in and out of consciousness.Its bad enough that I am haunted every day the decision to pull the plug on my father who I admired dearly.I also feel the advice that was given me by the hospital was based on his medical situation was sound. I guess that makes me a member of a death panel because I had to choose(with consultation) whether to watch my dad die in extreme pain slowly or die with dignity.

Most hospitals in the United States have a end of life administrator that gives families options such as hospice care. Having a will or a living will would be considered end of life planning. I have a will and money set aside for the way I want to be buried.My will is six pages long. I have a living will stating my wishes in case I am unable to make them.I see nothing wrong of getting advice and taking control how I or a loved one should die. I made the sole decision to pull the plug on my father after getting advice from two doctors and one administrator after an half and hour consultation.I had to measure the costs of him wasting away in a hospice and what the long term damage toward his body.Would I make the same decision again, Yes.The man was suffering. What was I supposed to do? See him suffer and screaming that he was in pain while he was dozing in and out of consciousness.Its bad enough that I am haunted every day the decision to pull the plug on my father who I admired dearly.I also feel the advice that was given me by the hospital was based on his medical situation was sound. I guess that makes me a member of a death panel because I had to choose(with consultation) whether to watch my dad die in extreme pain slowly or die with dignity.

Ernst! That is a singularly annoying avatar.....although maybe that's what your hoping to accomplish.

If you read the article in it's entirety, you'd have noticed that the panel would be composed of government medical experts, not private individuals determining live or death for themselves and their incapacitated family members. You have posted this before, and I'm sorry that your fathers death impacted you in this way, and you are wise to have a living will. I do too. I've needed it for three major operations. I don't have a six page will but I have one. The point I'm making is that when government establishes a panel of experts, they don't have to really consider your input or wishes.......only the governments. The government position would naturally be to euthanize any "unproductive" citizen, for two reasons: first, they can't contibute to the financing of government; and second, they are a drain on the assets of government.

Your father would have been mercifully euthanized, under Berwick/Obama planning; but so would you, if God forbid, you were in an accident & had dain bramage & lost the use of your legs.

This is the ultimate "No soup for you," scenario!

PS: Sorry, I meant to make this point, too: Berwick was a recess appointment, for a good reason. He believes in euthanasia, and loves the British Medical system. He is now creating laws that must be obeyed; by fiat, or regulatory process.[He prints it up- it's law] If Congress does not act to limit his power, we will all be looking at corporate death panels within ten years. You are what, in your late thirties? You may not be too concerned right now, but us old geezers are very concerned. What better way to solve the Social Security dilemma, than to get rid of the ultimate payees?

Ernst! That is a singularly annoying avatar.....although maybe that's what your hoping to accomplish.

If you read the article in it's entirety, you'd have noticed that the panel would be composed of government medical experts. not private individuals determining live or death for themselves and their incapacitated family members. You have posted this before, and I'm sorry that your fathers death impacted you in this way, and you are wise to have a living will. I do too. I've needed it for three major operations. I don't have a six page will but I have one. The point I'm making is that when government establishes a panel of experts, they don't have to really consider your input or wishes.......only the governments. The government position would naturally be to euthanize any "unproductive" citizen, for two reasons: first, they can't contibute to the financing of government; and second, they are a drain on the assets of government.

Your father would have been mercifully euthanized, under Berwick/Obama planning; but so would you, if God forbid, you were in an accident & had dain bramage & lost the use of your legs.

This is the ultimate "No soup for you," scenario!

The only way standing in between the government "euthenizing"would be the family or a legal document(a living will)or a legal guardian.If the patient has a will the government cannot circumvent the "living will" of a patient or their legal guardians.A legal guardian is a person who has the legal authority (and the corresponding duty) to care for the personal and property interests of another person.Courts generally have the power to appoint a guardian for an individual in need of special protection.A living will is a legal document.The patient not the government would have the ultimate say. Hospitals and Doctors already have in control(administrators)safeguards as to whether or not to pull the plug.They must follow the orders of a court or family members not the government. I remember when I had surgery at St John's hospital giving the hospital orders "do not resuscitate" me. I expected them to follow it to the letter. I cannot imagine the government euthenizing people who have families or a living will. If the government did kill a person a living will of a patient or against the wishes of the family,or who has a legal guardian I can imagine a huge lawsuit against the government and the hospital. This could be brought up in a Supreme Court case where it most likely be struck down.

Ernst! So are the laws of bankruptcy! That didn't stop the government from abrogating them & making the union the first payee, in the takeover of GM. Was that approved by Congress? No, it wasn't. The bailout & stimulus, but not the abrogation of bankruptcy law. Oh, and for good measure, listen to the Democrats that are extremely upset that they couldn't take more of an estate, through death taxes. Here's an interesting treatise to wrap your head around:

Is the USA still a Republic?

Edited to add: Nice trick coming back after posting & cleaning up your posted thoughts, spelling & punctuation. I'll have to remember it!

Ernst! So are the laws of bankruptcy! That didn't stop the government from abrogating them & making the union the first payee, in the takeover of GM. Was that approved by Congress? No, it wasn't. The bailout & stimulus, but not the abrogation of bankruptcy law. Oh, and for good measure, listen to the Democrats that are extremely upset that they couldn't take more of an estate, through death taxes. Here's an interesting treatise to wrap your head around:

I cannot imagine the government euthenizing people who have families or a living will. If the government did kill a person a living will of a patient or against the wishes of the family,or who has a legal guardian I can imagine a huge lawsuit against the government and the hospital.

I cannot imagine the government euthenizing people who have families or a living will. If the government did kill a person a living will of a patient or against the wishes of the family,or who has a legal guardian I can imagine a huge lawsuit against the government and the hospital.

Ernst!

We could go round & round on this, but you're not grasping that the federal government has the only standing in this matter.

If you want an example, try the IRS: if they come after you for taxes or an infraction of tax law, and they get what they consider a poor judgement in tax court, in one juridiction, they can move it to a more congenial jurisdiction and try you again........and they have unlimited funds to do this.......yours! They could bleed you and retry your case indefinitely......or at least until your grandchildren got tired of fighting, or ran out of money.

Did you even read the link?

Ernst!

We could go round & round on this, but you're not grasping that the federal government has the only standing in this matter.

If you want an example, try the IRS: if they come after you for taxes or an infraction of tax law, and they get what they consider a poor judgement in tax court, in one juridiction, they can move it to a more congenial jurisdiction and try you again........and they have unlimited funds to do this.......yours! They could bleed you and retry your case indefinitely......or at least until your grandchildren got tired of fighting, or ran out of money.

Did you even read the link?

Rush and Glenn mention the same thing day in and day out.Rush has been mentioning this for the last 25 years and Glenn for the last 10. I did not have to read it.If I want to hear it ad nasuum I will go to Sirius 144. There are plently of lawyers out there would would like to take cases. Partly for greed the other part of fame because they took a chunk out of Uncle Sam's wallet

Ernst! You ought to read the link I provided. It's interesting & not all bad news!

Its the same stuff Glenn and Rush rehashes out day in and day out of the calendar on the radio and televsion. Its starting to get stale.

Ernst! You ought to read the link I provided. It's interesting & not all bad news!

Its the same stuff Glenn and Rush rehashes out day in and day out of the calendar on the radio and televsion. Its starting to get stale.

Yeah, that damn history & pesky facts keep gettin' in the way!

964208b8.jpg or d39343d0.jpg

Depending which generation you are from.

You're from the X, Double O, Double Jiggero V, Squee Eye, Diddle Eye, Pea Eye, Eee generation aren't you?

You're from the X, Double O, Double Jiggero V, Squee Eye, Diddle Eye, Pea Eye, Eee generation aren't you?

Labels are for cans, not people.

Labels are for cans, not people.

You mean like the generational label you tried to throw on me?

Some people like broken CD, some people like broken record. I did not know you get offened so easily

I see,it seems you get offended over the smallest things when it should be taken in jest. You need to have a sense of humor which you are sorely lacking.

Some people like broken CD, some people like broken record. I did not know you get offened so easily

I see,it seems you get offended over the smallest things when it should be taken in jest. You need to have a sense of humor which you are sorely lacking.

This is my final word on the matter. If you want to continue trashing me go right ahead. GET A SENSE OF HUMOR AND A LIFE!IF YOU DID THESE THINGS YOU WOULD NOT BE SUFFERING IN LIFE

I'll answer with this post & you can use it for both of the same one you posted.

I'm not offended, I'm annoyed by your rigid thinking & sad that you are intelligent, but not perceptive; and that's a problem for you & for America, if there are more like you.

You mean well & you've definitely got the smarts in some areas, but you refuse to change your thinking positions; especially when your narrow viewpoints are challenged.

Change is the only constant, Ernst, and you can't do it......you're stuck in a rut, and no one is going to make you think anything different. It's scary for our country.

PS: I have an outrageous sense of humor.......I'm posting with you @ 12:24 AM! Thanks, I enjoyed that.

Thanks for this article, Geee.

I had not connected the dots that Berwick was a recess and he is setting up these regulations y fiat.

No execution without representation!

It makes me nervous to have to rely on the spines of the Congressional Republicans to save our country and perhaps our very lives.

SrWoodchuck, I too see the very short jump to government directed euthanasia or worse. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet have publicly announced a project with the goal of reducing the population of the world by 1 billion. (I didn't have the stomach to keep reading the details to find out the methods or time frame that they were talking about.)

We are in a heap of trouble.

American Spectator has an article that addresses this topic, too.

shoutPinz! Thanks for the link!

I just heard today that a number of Obamacare regulatory laws were enacted [by Berwick and other health officials] on Christmas Eve, and will go into effect on January 2, 2011.

These "death consultations" were specifically excluded by Congress during the Obamacare discussions......this is an "end-run" around the Constitution.