Use It or Lose It

Geee

use-it-or-lose-it
American Spectator:

Soon the three-fifths Democratic majorities will be gone and Nancy Pelosi will surrender her gavel. The triumvirate of Obama, Pelosi, and Reid will be compelled to share power with newly elected Republicans. Before we bid Pelosi's vanquished minions a fond farewell, however, let us pause to reflect on their handiwork even if we can't admire it.

Theirs is a legacy of bigger government and deeper debt, an inexorable march toward a health care system and an economy that more closely resembles the social democracies of Europe than the American constitutional republic, of deem and pass tactics despite near-one-party rule.

But one need not share the Democrats' principles to respect their commitment to them. A significant portion of the country was already in rebellion before the final price tag on the stimulus package was set. Politically, the handwriting was on the wall when Republicans won a special election in Massachusetts nearly eleven months before the midterms: the health care bill was an electoral disaster waiting to happen and the voters were standing athwart Obama yelling, "Stop!"

Yet Obama and the Democrats, briefly stunned by the "Scott heard 'round the world," shook it off and pressed ahead. The result was the biggest expansion of the federal government since the creation of Medicare in 1965, a legislative victory for which the Democrats risked their majorities.

When was the last time Republicans took similar risks in the battle over the size and scope of the federal government? What do conservatives have to show for a Republican president, House, and Senate from 2005-07? Very little besides John Roberts and Sam Alito, who without conservative outcry might have instead been Alberto Gonzales and Harriet Miers.snip

Geee! Thanks for the post.

I agree. We don't have time for "bi-partisanship" with the clock ticking on the demise of the American Republic.

We don't have to be mean & nasty; but do need to clearly define the differences & the expected outcomes of each party.

Fighting for what is right, is a not a uniquely American trait; but never was it more necessary than now. We absolutely must press back against the changes that have been set in motion by progressives & big government proponents.

The heavy foot of a highly partisan, confiscatory, secular Federal government will start to be placed on our necks; starting the first day* of 2011.

* As a self-employed business owner, I am required to file quarterly payments electronically now, and the payment will be taken immediately out of my account. I must establish a separate tax account for this, as I do not want to allow the US Treasury to use an IRS writ to withdraw what they deem appropriate, or sieze funds that they deem are theirs, on a regulatory whim. Any expenditure of more than $ 600.00 will require me to file a 1099 form with the IRS. Any amount I pay to my material suppliers, any amount I pay sub-contractors, any amount I spend for tools or repairs to equipment or business vehicles [courtesy of Obamacare.] Starting January 1, 2011.

Geee! Thanks for the post.

I agree. We don't have time for "bi-partisanship" with the clock ticking on the demise of the American Republic.

We don't have to be mean & nasty; but do need to clearly define the differences & the expected outcomes of each party.

I've never understood the idea that partisanship is such a bad evil terrible thing. There is a reason why we have two different major political parties....I mean (say) Barbara Boxer & John Thune have two fundamentally different views of where they what this nation to go.

* As a self-employed business owner, I am required to file quarterly payments electronically now, and the payment will be taken immediately out of my account. I must establish a separate tax account for this, as I do not want to allow the US Treasury to use an IRS writ to withdraw what they deem appropriate, or sieze funds that they deem are theirs, on a regulatory whim. Any expenditure of more than $ 600.00 will require me to file a 1099 form with the IRS. Any amount I pay to my material suppliers, any amount I pay sub-contractors, any amount I spend for tools or repairs to equipment or business vehicles [courtesy of Obamacare.] Starting January 1, 2011.

I have long been a supporter of two things...1. getting rid of withholding, make people sit down and have to write a check to the government & 2. move tax day to the week before election day.

1040ez.jpg

I've never understood the idea that partisanship is such a bad evil terrible thing. There is a reason why we have two different major political parties....I mean (say) Barbara Boxer & John Thune have two fundamentally different views of where they what this nation to go.

Valin!

Partisanship as practiced by Obama, Reid & Pelosi, has not been even close to any ideal of the concept; it's a bludgeoning, using a few picked off GOP token Senators, locked rooms, exclusion of any input by the Republican party, and when that isn't enough, it is then rule by executive order or regulatory fiat.

Even if "partisanship" had been merely an accurate reflection of the will of the American people, Obamacare would not have been possible.

At this point, the "partisanship" that has been practiced of late can only result in a loss of momentum to reverse some of the bad law & policy that is harming the Americans & the Republic. It is most certainly a bad, evil and terrible thing. This isn't about playing "fair," or working to keep Obama from re-election; it's a political dog-fight for American freedom & capitalism.

IMO- We'll need every advantage, luck, karma & God's love & direction to keep our country & it's values. No way can we dilute our mojo, until that day when [& if] we return to a fairer representation of the people's will in Congress & the White House. We have a lot of work to do, until "partisanship" become a fair exchange; with the desired result of good laws & policy.