Durban III: Is it time for the US to defund the UN?

Geee

durban-iii-is-it-time-for-the-us-to-defund-the-un
Pajamas Media:

When I was a kid, I thought the United Nations was the most righteous and positively idealistic organization in the world. It was the hope of humanity and I worshipped it. (My father — a doctor — volunteered for WHO and I would accompany him to the New York headquarters about once a month, gawking at the colorful Third World costumes and wishing I could speak French, la langue diplomatique.)

Man, times have changed. I now regard the UN as a kind of global racket with three principal, often related, areas of, in Mafia style, special interest: propaganda for totalitarian countries, massive corruption (e.g. Oil-for-Food) and spying.

The latter rose to the fore recently when Wikileaks revealed email from Hillary Clinton, urging her minions at Turtle Bay to snoop on their fellow diplomats. Quelle surprise, as we would say in the old langue diplomatique. Anyone with the slightest interest in the UN has known for years it was cesspool of spies and they also knew, if they had paid even the slightest attention to the invaluable reporting of Claudia Rossett and/or the equally invaluable activism of Anne Bayefksy, that the United Nations is the very model of the proverbial fish that rots from the top.

Also of note in recent years is the UN’s continuing meretricious and power hungry approach to global warming – excuse me, “global climate disruption” – spearheaded by the IPCC. This off-shoot of the international organization has earned a special place in the history of the abuse of science for its manipulation and misrepresentation of data for ideological, bureaucratic and larcenous purposes.snip

Durban III: Is it time for the US to defund the UN?

Waaaaay past time. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why anyone would take them seriously.

Whenever I see the General Assembly in session I look for the clown car.

Whenever I see the General Assembly in session I look for the clown car.

Valin!

I nominate Barack Hussein Obama as the next Secretary General of the UN to replace Ban Ki-moon.

He would be perfect to drive the clown car.

Obama-ClownCar.gif