For Obama vacation, comfort is key

Geee

46735.html
Politico:

HONOLULU – For Ronald Reagan it was riding horses on his California ranch. For George W. Bush it was clearing brush and biking around his Crawford, Texas, estate. For Barack Obama, the signature image of his presidential vacationing, so far, is him eating shave ice, the Hawaiian version of a snow cone.

After wrapping up his official business in Washington, Obama headed to his regular holiday destination Wednesday evening: a beachfront compound in Hawaii. Like many Americans, the president seems to prefer coming back to a favorite vacation spot where he won’t encounter surprises and where he can fall into a familiar and comfortable routine.

The same friends who have accompanied Obama on every extended vacation he’s had since taking office will meet him again in Hawaii, where he spent most of his childhood, and he has the same activities on tap – golf, beachfront lounging and a shave ice outing, revealing a president who hasn’t been all that imaginative when it comes to taking time off.

“We’ll definitely be getting some shave ice," Obama said as he detailed his vacation plans in an interview with a Hawaii radio station. “And I’ll probably hit a couple of golf courses.”snip

The ongoing lack of imagination, curiosity and simple joy is astounding. I hope I'm still around in 20 years to be able to read the history books on what is really going on currently.