Huckabee Sides With Obama Over Palin

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
food-fight-has-mike-huckabee-siding.html
Radio Equallizer:

Though he had no comment on the calorie-count of a fried-squirrel platter, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is readily taking sides in a nasty political food war.

Earlier today, Huckabee told New York radio host Curtis Sliwa that he's on board with Michelle Obama's national dietary scolding effort and against Sarah Palin's light-hearted criticism of the first lady's campaign.

Palin's ribbing was featured prominently in today's New York Daily News and Washington Post. Asked by Sliwa to pick sides, Huckabee wasted no time supporting Obama:

Did Huck just fall off of a turnip truck? He really appears to believe the Obamas are content to campaign for social change in eating habits rather than a gradual move toward laws that prohibit foods they find objectionable.

Ever been to California, Mike? Just try to propose a steak house in a lefty-controlled city and watch the resulting firestorm.

Could someone this naive really be considered a major presidential contender?
________

All I can think is that Huckabee sees Palin as a potential rival on the right and is trying to move more towards the middle as a religious man-but...defending Big Mama and the Food Police?

Huckabee supported many of the same health reforms in his own state after he lost weight years ago.

So I actually believe this is one of his core values. It's also where the libertarian in me kicks in. I don't disagree that healthy is better. I don't even disagree that we can all use more education.

But it is, frankly, none of the government's business.

Huckabee supported many of the same health reforms in his own state after he lost weight years ago.

So I actually believe this is one of his core values. It's also where the libertarian in me kicks in. I don't disagree that healthy is better. I don't even disagree that we can all use more education.

Absolutely!

and truly....Huckabee....don't care what you say on much.

Absolutely!

I've been saying for nearly 3 years now that Huck is a snake-oil salesman. How he got his own show on FNC is still a mystery to me.

That's "Governor Turnip" to all of you!

He's done a horrible dis-service to himself, by aligning himself with the First Food Nazi......ooops, does that mean this thread is now history?

Absolutely!

I've been saying for nearly 3 years now that Huck is a snake-oil salesman. How he got his own show on FNC is still a mystery to me.

Dear Mike

Thank you for giving yet one more reason to not like you.

Well if he's going to keep playing that healthy weight loss card... he better crawl back on the wagon.

He's looking closer to the "before" than the "after" these days.

dec2005_cover_huckabee_03.jpg