Of Me I Sing

Geee

of-me-i-sing
American Spectator:

People like to talk about the bubble that President Barack Obama lives in, pointing out that he surrounded by more than the usual number of sycophants in this White House.

"You have Valerie [Jarrett] berating just about anyone who she even perceives has said something negative about the President," says one White House media aide. "She's constantly on her cell phone taking down some CEO or Senator or Congressional chief of staff for some slight, whether it actually was or not."

Then there are the manipulative advisers who create media events like the one at Arlington, Virginia's Long Branch Elementary School last week. Before heading over to the school, Obama was prepared to read Clement Moore's, "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" and leave it at that. But according to the White House source, a senior adviser and the White House advance staff informed him that the class had also requested that he read from his own book, Of Thee I Sing, which was recently published in the hopes of major holiday sales.

"It was purely to make him feel better and to generate publicity for the book," says the media aide. "The school didn't ask for it, no one did. But he goes into and comes out of these events with a warped perspective of how people view him and it's creating problems when he doesn't understand the poor reception he gets in more political settings." (Obama does not profit from the sales of the book; royalties are being funneled to a scholarship program for military families.)

righteousmomma

Having just revised and rewritten an article that I co wrote and co researched back in 07 I can testify as to the amount of time it takes to write and edit. There is no way he could have done anything but scan read the material and ok it - unless copied directly from other sources. I may just also scan read it at a book store just to see how the author tweaked the bios -- at least the proceeds go to military families.