Mama Grizzly Reality TV

Geee

mama-grizzly-reality-tv-kathryn-jean-lopez
National Review:

Mama, don’t let your babies grow up to be stay-at-home mamas. That seemed to be the underlying bias recently on a popular daytime TV show. It’s not a new one, but it’s one that may be a-changing.

“She almost made it,” said Barbara Walters as she introduced Rachel Campos-Duffy and her husband, Sean, on ABC’s The View. At first, it didn’t seem like the revealing introduction it was: Campos-Duffy, a former reality-TV-show cast member and now an author and mother of six, had auditioned for, and come close to getting, a place among the women of The View several years before.

But there was another sense in which Rachel — I’ll call her by her first name, because they do on The View — “almost made it”: Eleven years ago she married a young lawyer, moved to his home state, Wisconsin, and started having children. Her husband has now been elected to Congress. People in Wisconsin may refer to her as “Sean Duffy’s wife.”
The famous interviewer went on to ask, “Did you ever think, ‘I wish I had a career and I didn’t have six kids?’”

Without hesitation, Rachel happily responded to Walters: “Well, being a mom is the best job in the world.” She said it, by the way, with her youngest, eight-month-old MariaVictoria, sitting on her lap.snip