Nigeria drops Dick Cheney bribery charges

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
world-africa-12018900
BBC News:

Nigeria has dropped charges against former US Vice-President Dick Cheney over a 1990s bribery scandal, anti-corruption officials say.

The case focused on bribes paid by engineering firm KBR while it was a subsidiary of Halliburton, a firm headed by Mr Cheney at the time.

Nigerian officials said Halliburton agreed an out-of-court deal worth $250m (£160m). The firm has not commented.

Mr Cheney, who became vice-president in 2001, has always denied wrongdoing.

Femi Babafemi, of Nigeria's anti-corruption agency EFCC, said Halliburton had agreed to pay $250m "in lieu of prosecution".

He said $130m of the money would be repatriated from foreign bank accounts.

AFP news agency reported that the money in foreign accounts was part of the bribery scheme, but had been frozen before it had reached Nigeria.

Halliburton, which split from KBR in 2007, has not commented on the deal but has insisted it has done nothing wrong.
________

So I guess this means they'll stop sending him letters telling him they've found the money? ;)

So I guess those emails from Nigeria I've been getting that read "Hi, I'm Dick Cheney and I'm in Nigerian court. Please send me $1000 to help my defense fund." are real?

So I guess those emails from Nigeria I've been getting that read "Hi, I'm Dick Cheney and I'm in Nigerian court. Please send me $1000 to help my defense fund." are real?

No they are not. But if you send me the money I'll make sure it gets into the right hands

righteousmomma

Last I heard from Dick he had an accident (mugged) lost his wallet and all identification at the Nigerian airport and desperately needed me to wire him funds via an electronic draft before he was arrested for possible "terrorist infiltration" activities.

Instead I gave him my contact's name there who is preparing to send me my billion dollar lottery win.

(Can't recall my Soc. Sec. number off hand though so guess I will substitute NCT's --I know his)

ADD TO ADDRESS BOOK

SUBJECT: PLEASE WE NEED YOUR HELP.

TO: ALLMYROWDYFRIENDS@TRR.COM

DATE: SATURDAY 18 DEC 2010 02:03:27 +0300

DEAR FRIENDS,

I AM WRITING THIS LETTER FOR OUR FRIEND IN COMMON, MR. DICK CHENEY.

THIS LETTER WILL REALLY COME TO YOU AS A BIG SURPRISE; MEANWHILE I GOT YOUR CONTACT HERE IN COTONOU-BENIN FROM A WOMAN STAFF OF CHAMBER OF COMMERCE CYBER LIBRARY ATTENDANT ON MY SEARCH FOR A RELIABLE AND TRUSTWHORTY PERSON LIKE YOU ALL, THOUGH I DID NOT DESCLOSE MY PURPOSE OF SEEKING FOR THE CONTACT.

I HAVE NOT MET WITH YOU ALL BEFORE AND YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ME TOO, BUT I MUST BEG FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE SINCE THIS IS OUR LAST HOPE FOR YOU TO STAND FOR US WE HAVE NOW BEEN PROVEN SO VICTOROUS IN OUR BATTLE FOR BRIBERY CHARGES.

MR. DICK CHENEY IS ALIVE TODAY WITH THE SLIT STRIKE OF LUCK AND BY THE GRACE OF GOD. AS YOU UNDOUBTEDLY DO NOT KNWO MR. DICK CHENEY LOST EVERY THING BEFORE COMING TO THE REFUGEE CAMP, WHERE WE ARE PRESENTLY STAYING IN COTONOU RIPUBLIQUE DU BENIN.

I CHOOSE YOU AFTER PRAYING FOR ASSISTANCE.

MR CHENEY HAS FUNDS DEPOSITED WITH A SECURITY COMPANY HERE IN COTONOU, REPUBLIQUE DU BENIN FOR SAFE KEEPING.

BEFORE THE TRIAL HERE, IN THE COUNTRY CONGO, NEXT DOOR TO NIGERIA OR NEAR THERE I RECALL, THE REBELS KIDNAPPED A DOG OF YORU CURRENT PRESIDENT OBOZO. THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS EMAIL.

MR. DICK CHENEY IS FRIENDS WITH THE FORMER DIRECTOR GENERAL CONGOLAIS NATIONAL PETROLEUM COOPERATION, HE GOT THIS MONEY, AND HE DEPOSITED IT IN A VAULT OF A SECURITY COMPANY FOR SAFE KEEPING IN COTONOU BENIN, IN A SHOPPING MALL NEAR NIGERIA, BEFORE HIS BRIBERY TRIAL.

THE REASON WE SOLICIT FOR YOUR HELP FOR MR. DICK CHENEY IS THAT THE SECURITY COMPANY CAN ONLY RELEASE THIS CONSIGNMENT TO ANYBODY WHOM I IDENTIFY AS MY VETERERINAION'S FOREIGN BUSINESS PARTNER. I REALLY BEG YOU TO STAND FOR ME AND MR. CHENEY AS OUR VETERINARION'S FOREIGN BUSINESS PARTNER TO COME AND CLAIM THE CONSIGNMENT AS THE NEW BENEFICIARY.

PLEASE COME TO OUR RESCUE BECAUSE WE ARE TRAPED THAT WE CAN NOT TRAVEL OUTSIDE AFRICA, THEY SEIZED OUR TRAVELING DOCUMENTS, THIS IS MOST REASON WE SOLICIT FOR YOUR HELP FOR MR. DICK CHENEY WHO MUST NOW PAY EXPORBITANT FEES TO GET OUT OF NIGERIA.

PLEASE HELP US WE ARE SURFFERING TOO MUCH HERE IN REFUGEE CAMP, NO FATHER, NO MOTHER, NO FOOD, NO MEDICAL CARE, NO RELATION, NO MONEY TO FEED, THE MOST PAINFUL THING IS THAT MY ONLY YOUNGER SISTER IS SERIOUSLY DOWN WITH SICKNESS AND THERE IS NO GOOD MEDICAL ATTENTION GIVEN TO HER SINCE THEN.

THE AMOUNT INVOLVED IS ($25,000.000.00 USD) (TWENTY FIVE MILLION US DOLLAR) FOR EACH MEMBER OF TRR.

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE HUMAN SYMPERTY FOR ORPHANS AND YOU WANT TO HELP US, PLEASE I WOULD APPRECIATE IT BETTER IF YOU CAN DROP YOUR FULL NAME AND ADDRESS, YOUR PRIVATE PHONE AND FAX NUMBER, WHICH I CAN ALWAYS REACH YOU.

AS SOON AS YOU ACCEPTED TO WORK WITH ME FOR MUTUAL BENEFIT OF ALL AND YOUR SHARE ON THIS TRANSACTION WILL BE 10% OF THE TOTAL SUM,

NOTE ALSO THERE IS NO RISK TO IT.

SHOULD I BE EXPECTING YOUR POSITIVE, AND URGENT RESPONSES?

YOURS LOVING ONCE,

ALEX MBALI RAILA ODINGA ON BEHALF OF DICK CHENEY,

Date: Saturday 18 Dec 2010 12:08:03 +0100 From: "mdhiu92ld" <mdhiu92ld@nigeria.gov.bankrupts>

To: Rheo

Subject: HUGH AND SERIES

Urgent Attention Needed

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL Compliments of the season, as some of you know, I am the Chief Accountant in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture.

Your assistance is urgently needed to effect the remittance of US$22,437,000.00(twenty two million four hundred and thirty seven thousand United States Dollars).

THIS SUM ORIGINATED FROM OVER-INVOICED OF MULTIPLE CONTRACT WORKS EXECUTED BY FOREIGN FIRMS FOR THE NIGERIAN FEDERAL MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE.

I, as the Chief Accountant/Supervising Officer of these contract works do solicit your assistance to help receive this over-invoiced sum (US$22,437,000.00)that accrue to us into your personal/company account for our private use.

RHEO, SHOULD YOU BE WILLING TO ASSIST IN THIS REGARDS,YOU WILL RECEIVE 30% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS COMMISSION/SHARE.5% EARMARK FOR REIMBURSEMENT/REFUND OF ANY (IF THERE BE) INCURRED EXPENSES. TO RECEIVE THE MONEY, THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NEEDED:

(1) bank account(not located in any war zone) that the money be lodged

(2) A company name that we will use in filing the claims on your behalf.

(3) your confidential phone and fax lines for communication of details etc.

These items will be used to process the claim/payment of the total sum to the specified account. It will interest you to know that this program is absolutely normal and free of any risk.YOU MUST TREAT THIS MATTER AS STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL. YOU MAY POST YOUR INFORMATION FREELY ON THIS TRR PLATFORM.

IT IS HUGHLY PRIVATE.

AWAITING YOUR PROMPT RESPONSE.

MR. PEPPER, AKA JAMES UGO ON BEHALF OF

ALEX MBALI RAILA ODINGA

ON BEHALF OF DICK CHENEY

LOL! You nut.