Iran said to have cut Hizbullah aid by 40%

Valin

Article.aspx?id=199611
JPost:

YAAKOV KATZ
12/16/2010

Terror organization faces unprecedented crisis, according to Israeli intelligence assessments, stirring tension with its Iranian patrons.

Iran has cut the annual budget it provides Hizbullah by over 40 percent, stirring an unprecedented crisis within the Lebanese Shi’ite guerrilla organization.

(Snip)

Iran has in recent years provided Hizbullah with close to $1 billion in direct military aid, but due to the impact of the recent round of international sanctions, the Islamic Republic has been forced to cut back on the funding. The money is used by Hizbullah to buy advanced weaponry, train and pay its operatives and establish military positions and sustain them throughout Lebanon.

The cuts in the budget has stirred tension between Hizbullah and its Iranian patrons, further fueled by disagreements between the top Hizbullah leadership and the Revolutionary Guard Corps officer who was appointed earlier this year to oversee Hizbullah operations on behalf of the Islamic Republic.

(Snip)

Gosh, I really feel bad for them. :evil:

They are losing their grip in Teheran. Who poses in front of a wall first, the mullahs or Ahmanutjob?

Personally, I could care less, as long as the AK-47's hit the target...

Ummm, 'stirred tensions', yummy. Except with martini's, they should be shaken tensions.

No, it really doesn't make sense, but I am posting it anyway.

Ummm, 'stirred tensions', yummy. Except with martini's, they should be shaken tensions.

No, it really doesn't make sense, but I am posting it anyway.

:lol:

9d80fdaf.gif

This does not include the ranges of the Scud-D. The overall range in the ‘Scud D’ is increased to 700 km (434 miles) while the payload is decreased to 500 kg.

"Iran has in recent years provided Hizbullah with close to $1 billion in direct military aid"

$1 Billion dollars?!?! Wow. That buys a lot of bomb vests. That's crazy. No wonder Hizbullah launches so many attacks. They need to just to make room for all the new toys they have to buy.