Bush and Obama Have Put Americans at Greater Risk Than Julian Assange and Wikileaks, Says Ralph Nader

Geee

bush-and-obama-have-put-americans-greate
CNSnews:

(CNSNews.com) – At a hearing of the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday, consumer activist and former presidential candidate Ralph Nader said that both the Bush and Obama administrations have put the American people at greater risk with their military and foreign policies than Julian Assange and his WikiLeaks Web site, where thousands of U.S. classified documents have been posted in recent months.

At the hearing about WikiLeaks and the Espionage Act of 1917, Nader said that overreaction to Assange could lead to another “Patriot Act debacle,” and that the Obama administration is already showing signs of caving to the political pressure that he said led to passage of the Patriot Act after the 9-11 terrorist attacks.

“I’m very disturbed by the reaction of the Attorney General [Eric] Holder,” Nader said. “I think he’s reacting to political pressure and he’s starting to fix the law to meet the enforcement policy. And that’s very dangerous.”

“[Holder] said the other day, quote: ‘The national security of the United States has been put at risk, the lives of people who work for the American people have been put at risk, the American people themselves have been put at risk by these actions that I believe are arrogant, misguided and ultimately misguided and not helpful in any way’ end quote,” said Nader in reference to the WikiLeaks disclosures as reported in The New York Times, The Guardian and other newspapers.snip