Americans Use Internet as Much as Television, New Study Shows

Rokke

americans-use-internet-as-much-as-television-dpgonc-20101213-bb_11065775
Newscore:

(NewsCore) - Americans now spend as many hours online as they do watching television, a new Forrester survey released Monday showed.

More than 30,000 media consumers were interviewed for the study, which showed that, on average, Americans spend about 13 hours a week on the internet and the pass the same amount of time watching television offline.

Over the past five years, the amount of time Americans watch television has stayed flat, while the amount of time they spend on the web has more than doubled.

I actually think this is good news. The internet requires interaction. It requires thought and decision making. And while a lot of its information is inaccurate, spending time reading multiple sources is helping in learning discernment. I think. I also think I spend a lot more time than 13 hours a week online. A lot more.

I do, too.

I also think the internet is way more interesting than TV. The only good thing about TV these days IMO is watching sports.

Our family spends a lot of time using the internet together. Sending each other stuff and talking about it. But in general, after a long day we like the quiet. It reminds me of my family sitting around and reading the paper in the evening when I was little.

That said, sometimes we all watch TV and use the internet at the same time. Ok. We do that all the time. We RARELY just watch tv anymore.

The one thing I haven't figured out yet though is how to surf and fold laundry and do the dishes at the same time. Once I figure that out, I'll have it made.