Obama honors Nobel winner with statement about himself

Pepper

obama-honors-nobel-winner-statement-about-himself
Washington Examiner:

snip

So on this notable occasion, the White House released a statement from President Obama on the awarding of the prize to Liu in absentia. And this is how Obama's statement began:

snip

One year ago, I was humbled to receive the Nobel Peace Prize – an award that speaks to our highest aspirations, and that has been claimed by giants of history and courageous advocates who have sacrificed for freedom and justice. Mr. Liu Xiaobo is far more deserving of this award than I was.snip
snip

I regret that Mr. Liu and his wife were denied the opportunity to attend the ceremony that Michelle and I attended last year. Today, on what is also International Human Rights Day, we should redouble our efforts to advance universal values for all human beings.

snip
Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/obama-honors-nobel-winner-statement-about-himself#ixzz17kmQDf3j

One year ago, I was humbled to receive the Nobel Peace Prize – an award that speaks to our highest aspirations, and that has been claimed by giants of history and courageous advocates who have sacrificed for freedom and justice.

arafat_wideweb__430x324,1.jpg

Why does this guy come to mind?

"Why yes it is all about me!"

BH Obama

"Let's talk about me, let's talk about I!

Let's talk about me and me and my oh my!"

How humiliating it must have been for the Chosen One to have to slither out of the press conference yesterday while King Bubba dominated the podium and the LSM... :lol:

Using the word "I" in prepared speeches about others should follow the same rule as clothing accessories.

Once you are finished, go back and take out (or off) all but one of them. :lol:

"Why yes it is all about me!"

BH Obama

"Let's talk about me, let's talk about I!

Let's talk about me and me and my oh my!"

How humiliating it must have been for the Chosen One to have to slither out of the press conference yesterday while King Bubba dominated the podium and the LSM... :lol:

I love that song. And now I'll have a picture in Obama's face in my mind every time I hear it. Thanks Ace! :lol:

Little Barry's first and most memorable birthday present...

... it must have had a profound effect upon him.

BTW, my 'signature' stands validated once again.

511034237_eabca80fbd.jpg

Using the word "I" in prepared speeches about others should follow the same rule as clothing accessories.

Polly, are you going to do a striptease or something? It is Saturday night... B)

Polly, are you going to do a striptease or something? It is Saturday night... B)

Ha! Well, I could try to take off the one extra bracelet in an alluring way. And I could put together a speech with a lot of "I" in it.