Jobless rate up to 9.8 percent; economy adds 39,000 jobs

Geee

131823-jobless-rate-up-to-98-percent-economy-adds-39000-jobs
The Hill:

Jobless rate up to 9.8 percent; economy adds 39,000 jobs
By Ian Swanson - 12/03/10 08:34 AM ET

The jobless rate rose to 9.8 percent in December as the economy added a disappointing 39,000 jobs.

The weak report comes as the White House and congressional Republicans negotiate a deal to temporarily extending all of the Bush-era tax cuts as well as unemployment benefits.

Federal unemployment benefits expired this week, and the White House argues failing to extend the help would cost the country about 600,000 jobs by the end of 2011 and depress economic growth by 0.6 percent. It cites a report from the White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA).snip

And on TV this morning...

Jobless rate up to 9.8%. Experts say "It's due to slower than expected growth and hiring!"

Non-experts say, "Well Duh!"

NCTexan asks, "How much them thare experts make? I wanna be one too!"

And on TV this morning...

Jobless rate up to 9.8%. Experts say "It's due to slower than expected growth and hiring!"

Non-experts say, "Well Duh!"

NCTexan asks, "How much them thare experts make? I wanna be one too!"

You may have the job for the asking-In Washington everyone is an expert :blink:

shoutGeee

shoutNCTexan

Let me make sure I understand this. If the economic growth were faster and the hiring went up, then the jobless rate would decrease?

1256teo.jpg

shoutGeee

shoutNCTexan

Let me make sure I understand this. If the economic growth were faster and the hiring went up, then the jobless rate would decrease?

1256teo.jpg

Wow-you too could be an economist!!! Good job!(Still working on your self esteem ;) )

Our city council voted last night to reduce the size of the city by 32 positions. There are very few organizations with over 200 employees. Of those, most are federal, state or local government, medical or education. Other than that, we have ONE private employer with over 200. Most others are below 150 and most of those are out of town retail based companies such as Walmart.

Everything else is tiny small business with fewer than 50 employees. Nothing this administration has done will help this situation...because NOW the governments grown so big that the town's infrastructure can not support it...and that puts even more people out of work. Other state and federal agencies are now doing emergency furloughing.

We're not out of the woods yet. Unemployment is going to be a problem for quite a long time to come. You can see it in non-urban areas.

shoutGeee

shoutNCTexan

1256teo.jpg

Pepper!

That is worth of CNN BREAKING NEWS... The water is wet discovery makes this story a bell ringer.