Helen Thomas Rescinds Her Apology

Geee

helen-thomas-rescinds-her-apology
Pajamas Media:

As Martin Solomon writes, “I guess she’s taken back her apology,” but then, did anybody buy it in the first place, after she attempted to save her Palpatine-esque face in the immediate aftermath of her spectacularly anti-Semitic meltdown back in June into a Flip video camera?

The Detroit Free Press reports, “Defiant Helen Thomas defends remarks that led to exit:”

Striking a defiant tone, journalist Helen Thomas, 90, said today she absolutely stands by her controversial comments about Israel made earlier this year that led to her resignation. But she stoked additional controversy with new remarks, claiming that “Zionists” control U.S. foreign policy and other American institutions. The local Jewish community strongly condemned her remarks.

Thomas, who grew up in Detroit the daughter of Lebanese immigrants, was in Dearborn today for an Arab Detroit workshop on anti-Arab bias. The Free Press asked her about her comments, which critics have said were anti-Israel.

“I paid the price for that,” said Thomas, a longtime White House correspondent. “But it was worth it, to speak the truth.”

“The Zionists have to understand that’s their country, too. Palestinians were there long before any European Zionists.”

Thomas claimed that “You can not say anything (critical) about Israel in this country.”

In a speech that drew a standing ovation, Thomas talked about “the whole question of money involved in politics.”snip

“I guess she’s taken back her apology,”

Remember Helen...

... at 90, it's easy to find a banana peel in the road. :unsure:

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions