New Jersey Governor Chris Christie blasts teachers’ unions (again) in Washington, D.C. speech

Geee

new-jersey-governor-chris-christie-blasts-teachers-unions-again-in-washington-d-c-speech
Daily Caller:

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie gave the keynote speech at the Jeb Bush Excel in Education Annual Summit in Washington, D.C. Tuesday night. In his 50-minute speech on education reform – one of Christie’s most passionate topics – the governor left no room to question how he feels about teachers’ unions, most specifically the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA).

In short: he doesn’t like them.

Hosted by the Foundation for Excellence in Education, the audience was comprised of a wide range of VIPs in the education world, state lawmakers, former Florida Republican Governor Jeb Bush, and Bob Bowdon, director of “The Cartel,” to name a few.

As always, Christie was in his usual form.

“I am often called impatient by folks in my state and I plead guilty. I plead guilty to impatience,” said Christie when talking about his now infamous fights with the NJEA. “This is not a Democrat or Republican issue,” he continued, before calling education reform “the seminal civil rights issue of our time.”

“I’ve said to those folks in the Democrat Party that represent some of the most ill-served children in our state…that they’re ignoring the issue. It’s unacceptable.”snip