The Care and Feeding of Progressives

Geee

the_care_and_feeding_of_progre.html
American Thinker:

've had to ask readers of my blog to register in order to post comments. There are three reasons why:

Trolls
Trolls
Trolls

(By the way, I often tell clients that there are three rules for dealing with the character disordered: "Boundaries, Boundaries, and Boundaries." Not surprisingly, the same can be said about extreme progressives.)

When I started my little blog, it didn't occur to me that trolls would come out in droves. Why would leftists expend their energies on me? And why would they subject themselves to scrutiny by a licensed psychotherapist?

But apparently, numerous trolls have been drawn to me, like venomous bees to honey. These trolls use the same weaponry of other extreme progressives: shame and degradation. They try to use ridicule as sort of stun gun, immobilizing the other. (Another interesting tidbit: People with character disorders do the very same thing. Coincidence?)

As a psychotherapist, I can see right through them to who they are and how they operate. Nonetheless, I still remain curious about these creepy crawlers, whom I have dubbed "My Friends, the Enemy." (This is my generally futile attempt to be magnanimous like the Dalai Lama, who uses the phrase to describe the Chinese.)

I wonder to myself: Where do these trolls come from? Where do they live and breed? snip

There's a thin blue line on the West coast and the upper half of the East coast that is surrounding an ocean of Red States. You can write off California, New York, Vermont and Massachusetts as hopeless, but if Obambi can't hold Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, he should just go ahead and concede the 2012 election.

Hmmm. Interesting article.

I find it fun to read things from the "newly converted." In my experience, there are plenty of these folks, "the mean troll" on both the left and the right. When you are newly converted, you really want to believe that your group doesn't fall prey to the very human behavior of the other side.

The truth is we have our demeaning, epitaph screaming trolls as well.

After one is a convert for awhile, one begins to understand how incredibly important it is to focus on the principles you believe in, rather than focusing on the individuals who believe in them.

That said, I do find that rank and file conservatives are often a bit more circumspect about their beliefs in polite company. And most are MUCH more civilized in the debate.

But. We do have to be careful...because we do have head stompers.