You Can Stop Paying for Al Gore's Mistake

Geee

you_can_stop_paying_for_al_gores_mistake
Townhall:

In Greece earlier this month, Al Gore made a startling admission: "First-generation ethanol, I think, was a mistake." Unfortunately, Americans have Gore to thank for ethanol subsidies. In 1994, then-Vice President Gore ended a 50-50 tie in the Senate by voting in favor of an ethanol tax credit that added almost $5 billion to the federal deficit last year. And that number doesn't factor the many ways in which corn-based ethanol mandates drive up the price of food and livestock feed.

Sure, he meant well, but as Reuters reported, Gore also said, "One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."

In sum, Gore demonstrated that politicians are lousy at figuring out which alternative fuels make the most sense. Now even enviros like Friends of the Earth have come to believe that "large-scale agro-fuels" are "ecologically unsustainable and inefficient." That's a polite way of saying that producers need to burn through a boatload of fossil fuels to make ethanol.

Gore also showed that most D.C. politicians can't be trusted to put America's interests before those of Iowa farmers. But there is one pursuit in which homo electus excels: spending other people's money.

Beware politicians when they promise you "the jobs of the future." Last week, the Washington Post ran a story about a federal grant program in Florida designed to retrain the unemployed for jobs in the growing clean-energy sector. Except clean tech isn't growing as promised. Officials told the Post that three-quarters of their first 100 graduates haven't had a single job offer.snip

shoutGeee

Gore also showed that most D.C. politicians can't be trusted to put America's interests before those of Iowa farmers. But there is one pursuit in which homo electus excels: spending other people's money.

homo alarmus - AlGore

homo pedisequus - John Kerry

homo dictatotus parvus - Obama

homo erectus - Bill Clinton

homo dejectus bardus - Harry Reid

homo repulsus - Julian Assange

homo nondetectus - Eric Holder

homo gropus - Janet Big Sis Incompetano

homo stretchus botoxus - Pelosi

homo scotus bipedalis - Kagan

homo scotus latinus - Sotomayor

Pepper! My meager contribution to the collection:

homo homo - Barney Frank

homo invectus - Alan Grayson

homo electus - Marco Rubio

homo non-electus - Charlie Crist

homo suspectus - Alvin Greene (SC)

homo non-intellectus - Sheila Jackson Lee

homo obesitus - Jerrold Nadler

homo switcherus - Arlen Specter

homo 'nomo' - Notorious Mr. B.I.G.

homo non-erectus - Bob Dole

bobdole-wood.jpg

Homo-nymus barackus----------Looks like a duck...........quacks like a duck.....but is a lyin' crap-weasel.

Homo-cidius pelosious----------blob of plastic that kills nations.

Homunculus mortuus piscis piscis---------Rahm Emannuel.

Pepper! and SrWoodChuck!

Sitting through a boring conference call this morning... I had time to gave birth to a few more:

Homo Corruptus - Charlie Rangel

Homo Buffoonimus - Joe Biden

Homo Africanus Insanitus - The whole CBC... your pick of the litter

Homo Non Gradus Anus Rodentum - David Axelrod

Homo Ignoramus - Maxine Waters

Homo Satanus - George Soros

Homo Blasphemous - Jeremiah Wright

Homo Blowhardimus - Robert Gibbs

Homo Supportus POTUS Maximus - TOTUS

Homo Gluteus Maximus Maximus - (better left unsaid) :unsure:

shoutNCTexan

Sitting through a boring conference call this morning... I had time to gave birth to a few more:

Oh, so you're the reason nothing gets done at the White House - when Obozo and Biden are calling for assistance, when they finally seem to get it, the real business world is at play?

Oh, so you're the reason nothing gets done at the White House - when Obozo and Biden are calling for assistance, when they finally seem to get it, the real business world is at play?

Pepper!

Don't ever under-estimate the ability of NCTexan to multi-task. I have two distinct cranial lobes... the "titan of industry" side and "evil and catty creative side".

Both are powered by OS/2 which fully supports dual thread processing without any performance degradation.

Image-Os2logo.jpg