Will The Light Bulb Ban Inspire A Conversion?

Geee

will_the_light_bulb_ban_inspir.html
American Thinker:

Why is the incandescent light bulb ban such a lightning rod for Tea Party-inspired remorse from big government Republicans? Simple: it's a liberty-stealing assault on our privacy and common sense, outrageously expensive, and doesn't solve any of the problems it's intended to fix. That's only for starters. The most egregious feature is that the ban makes fools of the American people who willingly succumb to such nonsense from Washington, DC.

Congressman Fred Upton (R-MI) campaigning to advance his chances in ascending the chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee now says he'd open hearings to reconsider the phase out of incandescent light bulbs.

His first witness should be Dennis Miller, who quipped on his radio show about dreaded CFLs, the most ballyhooed replacement for incandescents, " I don't care what my electric bill is. I haven't worked my entire life so that my living room can look like a Soviet Bloc stairwell during a James Bond fight scene." A good line for Miller to express humorously what most people are thinking.

And a good move for Upton to seek some conservative creds, given the testosterone offered by his rival Joe Barton (R-TX). Maneuvering to keep his top spot for the Republicans on Energy &Commerce, it was Barton, knowing how to push all of the red buttons, who in October introduced a bill to repeal the light bulb ban in its entirety. snip

"I don't care what my electric bill is. I haven't worked my entire life so that my living room can look like a Soviet Bloc stairwell during a James Bond fight scene."

:lmfao:

AMEN! I hate CFLs. Hate the cast they give color in your house, hate the sound of them, hate the look of them. HATE them.

Just this past weekend, son #2 tried to replace one of the lamp lights in the guest bedroom with one of those horrid things. I told him to search the cupboards until he found a 'real' light bulb--I could not live with having that horrid glow in the bedroom. :blink:

They have their place -

up a particular person's butt....

"I don't care what my electric bill is. I haven't worked my entire life so that my living room can look like a Soviet Bloc stairwell during a James Bond fight scene."

:lmfao:

AMEN! I hate CFLs. Hate the cast they give color in your house, hate the sound of them, hate the look of them. HATE them.