North Korea Fires Artillery at Island in South; Seoul Scrambles Jets

Geee

skorea-nkorea-fires-artillery-island
Fox News:

SEOUL, South Korea -- North Korea fired artillery barrages onto a South Korean island near their disputed border Tuesday, setting buildings alight and prompting South Korea to return fire and scramble fighter jets. At least one South Korean marine was killed and 13 wounded, the military said.

The firing came amid South Korean military drills in the area. North Korea's military had sent a message to South Korea's armed forces early Tuesday to demand that the drills stop, but the South continued them, said an official at South Korea's Joint Chiefs of Staff.

During the drills, South Korean marines on the island shot artillery toward southern waters, away from North Korea, the official said. He spoke on condition of anonymity because of military rules.

The skirmish also came amid high tension over North Korea's claim that it has a new uranium enrichment facility and just six weeks after North Korean leader Kim Jong Il unveiled his youngest son Kim Jong Un as his heir apparent.snip

Does anyone but me think that there is no coincidence that this happens right after Zero returns from his Asia and G20 trips where he was basically snubbed?

shoutArgyle58

Remember, Stand up for Chuck Biden told us Obama would be tested and we wouldn't like it.

Now perceived as weak at home, I knew it was coming. Just didn't expect something this blatant. I'm sure Chucky thought it would come earlier....I did, too.

shoutArgyle

Yes, Biden said it'd come within the first 6 months, IIRC

Biden on October 20, 2008:

“Mark my words, it will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We’re about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here . . . we’re gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy.”