Texting for Bristol Palin

Geee

texting-for-bristol-palin
American Spectator:

Texting for Bristol Palin
By Paul Kengor on 11.22.10 @ 6:08AM

Toight, I plan to do two things I've never done before and will hopefully never do again: I will watch Dancing with the Stars and send a text message - actually, a bunch of text messages.

The occasion, of course, is Bristol Palin, who continues to dance her way to the finals on one of the culture's most popular TV shows. She glides merrily along not with the support of the New York/Hollywood elite that stand in judgment of her, but with the enthusiastic approval of millions of us Neanderthals out here in the Hinterland-and to the great chagrin of perpetually angry liberals.

Without the backing of us boors in fly-over country, Sarah Palin's daughter would have been booted long ago. Alas, like her mother, she is buoyed by the affections of countless regular Americans who -- praise be to God -- don't give a damn about the New York Times.
And as Bristol trots to victory after victory, the pressure cooker that is liberal America rises and rises and rises, boiling over with customary ferocity.

Guest areafiftyone

The same thing happens with American Idol - people who some think should have been booted off a long time ago were still on that show singing their hearts out because they had a certain fan base that would keep voting 500 times a night for that person (e.g. Sanjaya from American Idol) he had a stupid voice and he was just plain weird, but he had a fan base that kept him on for a long time. Bristol is not a bad dancer but she's not an excellent one either but isn't that the premise of the show? People who are not dancers competing? The real problem with the two shows (its not Bristol's fault)is this - they should be voted on by the judges (who are more qualified to know what good dancing is like) and not the American people then - if this happens. Maybe they should change the format later on - but for now let her have her moment in the sun without any nasty incidents - she's working hard at it - so what's the problem?

As for me I never watch DWTS but personally don't care if Bristol wins or not - that wont' change my life on iota! I don't watch anything the Palins' are in or any station they are speaking on, but that is because they bore me and frankly I'm weary of constantly hearing about them and seeing them. But with Bristol, I say she's not a politician so she should just be able to enjoy her status as a hopeful rising TV star just like any other young person wanting to get into Showbiz without any interference from anyone.

I wish her well and if she wins the world will not collapse so the over the top reactions are really silly as far as I'm concerned. She will go on to other TV shows I'm sure and if that's what she wants and I think that's what she really likes is to be on TV and in Magazines - more power to her. Why shouldn't she - isn't that what Hollywood is all about - making it? Even if you are a total newcomer to the scene you should be given a chance - we should let her have her time in Hollywood - why is she any different from any other person looking to get into show business? Let Bristol be what she wants to be.

shoutAreafiftyone

OK, since you left yourself wide open:

Why have you posted so many articles about Sarah Palin on the board if they bore you and make you oh so weary of hearing about them and seeing them?

To use your words, people may weary of seeing these negative articles about Sarah Palin that you post, as the majority cast her in an unfavorable light.

But to use Rhett Butler's words, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn what you post here: just don't be two faced about your disregard for the Palins and then continue to post slam articles here.

snip

As for me I never watch DWTS but personally don't care if Bristol wins or not - that wont' change my life on iota! I don't watch anything the Palins' are in or any station they are speaking on, but that is because they bore me and frankly I'm weary of constantly hearing about them and seeing them. snip

shoutWhy have you posted so many articles about Sarah Palin on the board if they bore you and make you oh so weary of hearing about them and seeing them?

And the answer is.....

(drum roll please)

Moth___Flame.jpg

And as Bristol trots to victory after victory, the pressure cooker that is liberal America rises and rises and rises, boiling over with customary ferocity.

The same ones that complain about the unfairness of the public being involved, have access to a phone & could vote Bristol off the show; but would rather mandate their preference by installing a judge that better reflects their choice........Gee........kind of like the current administration!

Maybe we should have a DWTS chief executive, that could just make executive mandates based on his own personal preferences [or what the channel executives order him to]........wait.......how long would DWTS last as a popular show?

Professional dancers work with talented, semi-talented & really untalented celebrities. I've watched the show before, and my best guess is that the popularity of DWTS is because:

Some celebrities work hard & surprise the audience by dancing very well....which is a form of artistic expression, that people can appreciate by voting them forward.

Some celebrities work hard & fall flat, have no talent or don't really give a rats patoot if they dance well....which is a form of comedy, tragedy or ego demonstration; that Americans also like a lot....and they can keep voting them forward as affirmation of the fact that they are.....slapstick clumsy......hilariously inept & awkward....or clowns that have no reason for their celebrity.

IMO- They like Bristol because she works hard, even though she's not the best dancer. They like Jennifer Grey because she once was a "Dirty Dancer" in a cute movie with Patrick Swayze.....and now she's 50 and still pretty lithe & talented.

Don't overthink DTWS. It's entertainment; and politics are only marginally in the mix, until you make it more than it should have been.

OK.......I've overthunk it.......here are the numbers to use to vote for Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas on DWTS tonight.

800-868-3407 [ 800-VOTE4-07 ] TEXT 3407

Vote & watch liberal heads explode!

BTW- h/t WeazelZippers & article there suggests that many death threats have been made regarding Bristol & Mark. So many that the show is changing interview sites and broadcasting security to keep them safe.

This is just "sick-as-hell" and yet normal for liberal P-freakin-C Amerika!

America held hostage, day...............

OK.......I've overthunk it.......here are the numbers to use to vote for Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas on DWTS tonight.

BTW- h/t WeazelZippers & article there suggests that many death threats have been made regarding Bristol & Mark. So many that the show is changing interview sites and broadcasting security to keep them safe.

(Those angry conservatives are soooooo scary!)sarcasm

No kidding. Yet nary a word when Jerry Springer made it 1/2 way though.

It's tv folks, the rules are set by the show. Deal with it, turn the channel or up the Prozac.

No kidding. Yet nary a word when Jerry Springer made it 1/2 way though.

It's tv folks, the rules are set by the show. Deal with it, turn the channel or up the Prozac.

.............but......I'm.....already......taking..........the maximum......amount......of......Prozac....prescribed....by...law

.............but......I'm.....already......taking..........the maximum......amount......of......Prozac....prescribed....by...law

Ha. According to some accounts, so is our pResident.

I'm on another kind of medication, but I'd need Prozac just to make it through one episode of Dancing With the Stars, American Idol, Survivor, or any other reality TV show. At least I can drink a beer or two when Alan Colmes is on FNC just to make it more tolerable. :blink: