Respectable Conservatives Still Don't Get Obama

Geee

respectable_conservatives_stil.html
American Thinker:

Respectable Conservatives Still Don't Get Obama
By Jack Cashill

If United States Senator Al Franken -- it hurts to say that -- ever had a redeeming moment, it was in the role of Stuart Smalley, a character he created for "Saturday Night Live."

In the most memorable of Smalley's "Daily Affirmations," the lisping, wildly insecure psycho-babbler hosts Michael Jordan. After explaining to his audience that Jordan is "a basketball player for a professional basketball team," Smalley says to him, "You should be very proud of yourself."

"Well, thank you, Stuart," says Jordan, "I am."

Stunned by Jordan's self-assurance, Smalley blunders on:

"I can imagine that the night before a game, you must lie awake thinking, 'I'm not good enough. Everybody's better than me. I'm not going to score any points. I have no business playing this game'."

"Well," answers Jordan in perfect deadpan, "not really."snip

Geee

Although Jonathan Last can think rings around Parker, he writes about Obama as if he were a narcissistic Jordan, a flawed superstar.

Jonathan, A flawed superstar? based on what a couple of good speeches? Talk about setting the bar low.

Barack Obama won the Democrat nomination because a large number of Democrats were tired of the Clintons, and didn't like Hillary.

He won the general election because A. McCain made a number of errors in his campaign...(I can mention them if folks like, but I think everyone where knows what they were), B. A large number of people didn't like George Bush.