Obama pauses at NATO summit to tout new GM hybrid

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
idUSTRE6AJ0WY20101120?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&rpc=22&sp=true
Reuters:

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama took time out from a NATO summit in Lisbon on Saturday to tout a new hybrid electric car which General Motors plans to roll out in Europe next year.

Obama found himself acting as salesman-in-chief for GM Opel's Ampera model just days after he declared in Washington that U.S. taxpayers would get their money back for saving GM in a bailout that was broadly unpopular.

Calling the Ampera an "example of GM technology," Obama said: "This is the future."

"This is a car made in America," he said after inspecting an Ampera at the convention center where he was wrapping up a two-day NATO summit. "We're going to start selling it in Europe."

GM last week was refloated as a public company amid heavy investor demand, and the White House sought to take credit for what it saw as a successful turnaround.
________

I think Obama, like many politicians, might have missed his true calling... :rolleyes:

Maybe he has found his real calling as a car salesman. He talks like he thinks he owns the company. Wonder what he is going to say when the sales flop, like most of his own policies?

It's all about me, and me, and me!

I doubt NATO's other leaders could care less about a hybrid car when there's a WOT going on. These other leaders need to take him behind the woodshed and beat some sense into this arrogant, incompetent idiot. At this point, he's making Biden look more Presidential than he is. :blink:

Screenshot2010-11-20at103119PM.png

He may look like, act like and talk like a used car salesman, but I truly don't believe he could make it as a real one because that would require doing real work, and that's something he knows nothing about.

Screenshot2010-11-20at103119PM.png

He may look like, act like and talk like a used car salesman, but I truly don't believe he could make it as a real one because that would require doing real work, and that's something he knows nothing about.

shoutChickadee! LOL! "Dealin' Barack-O Motors!"