The Great 2010 Cashout: Where are the departing senators headed?

Geee

the-great-2010-cashout-where-are-the-departing-senators-headed-108980119.html
Washington Examiner:

The Great 2010 Cashout: Where are the departing senators headed?
By: TIMOTHY P. CARNEY
Senior Examiner Columnist
11/18/10 12:55 PM EST

Chris Dodd, D-Conn.
Cincinnatus returned to his plow, and in the old days, retired or defeated U.S. Senators might go home, retire, or return to their civilian job. But that’s pretty old fashioned. There’s too much money to make playing the Beltway game these days — and besides, many of these guys never had a real job.

So, where will our outgoing senators go?

Here are my best guesses, subject to change:

Byron Dorgan, D-N.D.: Byron Dorgan, together with his lobbyist wife, owns a 4-bedroom, 4.5-bath home on a cul-de-sac in McLean, Virginia. I don’t think he’s moving back to North Dakota. When Dorgan announced his retirement, he said, “I would like to do some teaching and would also like to work on energy policy in the private sector.” At first I guessed he would lobby for cellulosic ethanol. But recently he’s shown interest in electric cars, and some of his ex-staff are lobbying for them, so that’s my new bet:
Predicted cashout: Heading a coalition lobby for plug-in electric cars.snip

Tom Daschle only bothered to go back to South Dakota when he was running for reelection, otherwise, he only left DC to go to NYC and Hollyweird for fundraisers. Dollars to doughnuts he's only been back to SD to pack the few things he had in his shell "permanent residence" apartment when Thune beat him.

Personally, if I was an ex-Senator with a load of cash, I'd avoid the Beltway and be booking a private flight for the Caymon Islands...