Warren Buffett — TARP profiteer — praises TARP

Geee

warren-buffett--tarp-profiteer--praises-tarp-108966579.html
Washington Examiner:

Warren Buffett — TARP profiteer — praises TARP
By: TIMOTHY P. CARNEY
Senior Examiner Columnist
11/18/10 11:45 AM EST

U.S. Billionaire investor Warren Buffet (AP Photo/Paul White, file)
Warren Buffett wrote a thank-you note to Uncle Sam in yesterday’s New York Times, expressing his gratitude for the bailout. It’s sort of sickening in its grovelling tone, with highlights like this:

There was no hiding place. A destructive economic force unlike any seen for generations had been unleashed. Only one counterforce was available, and that was you, Uncle Sam.

Buffett is pretty cagey about his role in the process, including these nuggets:

Indeed, all of corporate America’s dominoes were lined up, ready to topple at lightning speed. My own company, Berkshire Hathaway, might have been the last to fall, but that distinction provided little solace….

I did have a pretty good seat as events unfolded, and I would like to commend a few of your troops.

Here’s what Buffett leaves out: He invested $5 billion in Goldman in the fall of 2008, admitting he was betting on a bailout. “If I didn’t think the government was going to act,” he said on CNBC, “I would not be doing anything this week.”snip

Geee!

This really bugs me. The "Oracle" from Omaha stepped all over every one of us. As detailed on DougRoss@Journal yesterday, he invests his money, meets with Obama & cronies in government to encourage this huge waste of money and comes out of it one year later with a profit of 9 BILLION!

Some "Oracle".....more like "Obscene Opportunist!"

Reminds me of someone else who has made billions out of this misery that every one else is enduring. Two of his best years ever. Care to guess? I know you know who I'm talking about.