Leader of TSA offers pat-downs to senators

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
129663-tsa-chief-offers-pat-downs-to-senators-concerned-about-airport-screenings
The Hill:

The head of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) offered on Wednesday to have airport screeners come to Capitol Hill to give senators a pat-down so they could fully understand the mechanics of the newly deployed, controversial technique.

John Pistole told senators on the Senate Science, Commerce and Transportation Committee that he “insisted” on receiving the pat-down to “experience what that involves so that we would know before we rolled it out,” and added that Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has gotten a pat-down as well.

“Honestly, any member who has not experienced that pat-down [and] who would like to do that — I would not offer it — but an experienced qualified security officer would be glad to do that,” Pistole said.

Pistole has been at the center of growing public concern about the new pat-down techniques, which he described as “clearly more invasive” than the traditional screening airline passengers have been used to. But, he said, the invasiveness is justified by the level and types of threats to the airline industry that he is privy to.

“Yes, it was more invasive than what I was used to,” said Pistole. “Of course, what’s in my mind … is what are the plots out there, how are we informed by the latest intelligence and latest technology and what do we need to do to ensure the American people that as they travel that we are being thorough.”

“So yes, it is clearly more invasive. The purpose of that is obviously to detect the type of devices that we had not seen before last Christmas. I am very sensitive to and concerned about people’s privacy concerns and I want to work through that as best we can.”
________

The TSA is just feeling our pain... :rolleyes:

I think that the government needs to remember that air passengers are CONSUMERS, as in CUSTOMERS. I know that customer service is dwindling in this country, but this is taking things to the extreme.

"Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has gotten a pat-down as well. "

Need caution alert, WestVirginiaRebel! when posting close to supper time.

"Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has gotten a pat-down as well. "

Need caution alert, WestVirginiaRebel! when posting close to supper time.

shoutPepper!!

Yer sporting a Georgia flag this week....Crackers don't get queasy. Buck up and man up.