Palin laments "warped and perverted record"

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.gop12.com
GOP12:

Robert Draper's new profile of Sarah Palin is a must-read, including this extract from the former Governor herself, as she tries defending her record.

“I know that a hurdle I would have to cross, that some other potential candidates wouldn’t have to cross right out of the chute, is proving my record.

That’s the most frustrating thing for me — the warped and perverted description of my record and what I’ve accomplished over the last two decades.

It’s been much more perplexing to me than where the lamestream media has wanted to go about my personal life. And other candidates haven’t faced these criticisms the way I have.”

She also claims she's not avoiding tough questions from the press, because she's on Fox, Twitter, and Facebook.

“I’m on television nearly every single day with reporters,” she shot back.

“Now granted, that’s mainly through my job at Fox News, and I’m very proud to be associated with them, but I’m not avoiding anything or anybody.

I’m on Facebook and Twitter. I’m out there."

And in the most important part of the column, she fights back against the claim she's not electable.

Didn’t she think, for example, that the Republican kingmakers who were now supposedly scheming to kneecap her were mainly just concerned about how voters viewed her?

“If that were the case, then they need to be courageous enough to put their names behind their criticisms,” she said, referring to anonymous quotations attacking her. “As I replied to Politico, these fellows want to be trusted to tend to our nation’s economic woes? They want to be trusted to take on the likes of Ahmadinejad, but they won’t take on a hockey mom from Wasilla? Until they do that, I dismiss them.”

But, I reiterated, didn’t she believe that the Republican establishment’s predominant worry was that she would lose to Obama?

“Then perhaps they should vent some of their paranoia toward all of the potential G.O.P. candidates,” she said. “Because obviously there’s no guarantee that any one of us would win. But I do believe that much of this is a threat to their hierarchy, because I’ve never shied away from a battle and because I’ll put principle before politics.”

As for the 2012 question...

“I’m engaged in the internal deliberations candidly, and having that discussion with my family, because my family is the most important consideration here.”

Very interesting that the "read more" link on this articles site goes straight to a NEW YORK TIMES "fair and balanced" piece on Palin.

HMMMMMMMM.... Obviously "All the News that's Fit to Print".

You don't have to find but "two degrees of separation" between A51's postings and the NYTimes political theology. :unsure:

Read More link to NYTimes

Guest areafiftyone

Very interesting that the "read more" link on this articles site goes straight to a NEW YORK TIMES "fair and balanced" piece on Palin.

HMMMMMMMM.... Obviously "All the News that's Fit to Print".

You don't have to find but "two degrees of separation" between A51's postings and the NYTimes political theology. :unsure:

Read More link to NYTimes

Yea whatever you say buddy. Actually I saw this first on FREAK REPUBLIC before I went to read it. So apparently your favorite forum of perfect conservatism finds it okay to post but apparently my political theology is warped in your mind if I post it even from a Conservative website GOP12. Get a grip and get off my back!

Hey, at least you and NCT are buddies.

:rolleyes:

But I do wish you'd stop referring to FR using pejoratives. (That's my old mod hat coming out). We need unity.

Guest areafiftyone

Hey, at least you and NCT are buddies.

:rolleyes:

But I do wish you'd stop referring to FR using pejoratives. (That's my old mod hat coming out). We need unity.

Well how about if NCT comments on the article instead of me, that would have made it pleasant on this Wednesday morning. But anyhooo... I guess that was not going to happen. Unity is something I can agree on. Only mentioned that site because that is where I saw it when I scanned this morning. Why I even bothered to explain it to NCT I don't know. Silly me.

Yea whatever you say buddy. Actually I saw this first on FREAK REPUBLIC before I went to read it. So apparently your favorite forum of perfect conservatism finds it okay to post but apparently my political theology is warped in your mind if I post it even from a Conservative website GOP12. Get a grip and get off my back!

Areafiftyone!

The more you type... the more you expose yourself.

So anyone that is a "Conservative" is a fan of FREAK REPUBLIC. It's far from "my favorite forum".... I haven't been a poster there for years... I don't even lurk there like you apparently do. This is a great example of your typical stereotyping that bothers me.

I've got a great grip and but got a little deeper into what you posted than you'd care. I like to understand a little background on the source of what is presented in these articles. Sorry I exposed the "not so hidden" little secret link in the article. :lmfao:

Guest areafiftyone

Listen you can think whatever you want about me with that tin foil hat of yours firmly planted on your head Sherlock. Just don't sit too close to the computer - you may get a shock from it. I don't have time for this stuff, but apparently you do so enjoy yourself and have a great day.

Listen you can think whatever you want about me with that tin foil hat of yours firmly planted on your head Sherlock. Just don't sit too close to the computer - you may get a shock from it. I don't have time for this stuff, but apparently you do so enjoy yourself and have a great day.

"Sherlock!" :mellow:

Clearvision! Pepper!

Help, Help.... she's name calling at me! I may have to go back into therapy after that one. :blink:

Worse than that, she's exposed my true identity for the world to see.

Tinhat.jpg

BTW, I must have really an exposed raw nerve with "Nancy Drew" here. She's bringing out the heavy artillery on me.

Just a reminder:

OUR CHARTER

The Right Reasons was founded to offer principled Americans an opportunity to share their wisdom and experience in order to strengthen their conservative convictions and to explain their political decision making using a variety of solid reasons. The right reasons. This forum provides a community which encourages free expression of ideas, convictions, and concerns regarding a wide spectrum of issues which impact this nation.

Members of The Right Reasons recognize there is no single pathway for preserving the conservative tenants that make this country great. Instead, they value the opportunity for free discussion to further temper their convictions with broader insight and deeper education, and work for progress, rather than expect perfection.

We support the ideology of the Republican Party, but members are not required to commit to any particular political candidate, or sign a pledge of loyalty to the party itself. Members are expected to make their decisions based on the conviction of their own conscience, rather than overt pressure to fall in line. By this process we all become stronger.

The Right Reasons is a filter against the liberal influence of America’s Mainstream Media. Members are encouraged to evaluate the accuracy of media reporting using a variety of resources, as well as the practical knowledge of the membership, to discern fact from fiction and expose hidden agendas and inaccurate reporting. This provides the resources needed to make principled decisions based on reality, rather than false conclusions derived from inaccurate media reporting.

The Right Reasons recognizes that conservative values are not limited to politics. Therefore, the forums on this site also provide opportunities to interact through an infinite range of topics. Members are encouraged to discuss current events, politics, American and world culture, as well as their own life experience. By utilizing the combined experience and wisdom of its membership, The Right Reasons provides a source of rational thought, offering the opportunity to gauge the strength of one’s own convictions.

To ensure that no single person dictates the direction or focus of debate, The Right Reasons is administered by a board of members and owned by its members. Decisions regarding the administrative support of The Right Reasons are made by a simple majority vote among the members of the administrative board. Decisions regarding the direction of the site in general are made by a simple majority vote of its members. The site relies on the financial and content support of its members and will exist as long as they contribute.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

To remain a member, site members must adhere to site posting guidelines. Members who consistently violate posting guidelines will have their posting privileges suspended until their membership status can be reviewed by the Board of Directors. A majority vote by the Board of Directors is required to remove the membership status of any member.

1313235512_994ec05436.jpg

Mass attack, ready, 3, 2, 1

Ok. I've got a few questions about the person in the boots. Just saying.

:lol:

Edited to add: Between you and NCT, I'm taking out stock in Reynolds Wrap.

Pepper!

You may have noticed with my original picture that I'd graduated to a 'hardened' model of a tin hat.

The old Reynolds Wrap™ models offered little protection against A51's blistering attacks on my frail self. :(

Didnt she think, for example, that the Republican kingmakers who were now supposedly scheming to kneecap her were mainly just concerned about how voters viewed her?

If that were the case, then they need to be courageous enough to put their names behind their criticisms, she said, referring to anonymous quotations attacking her. As I replied to Politico, these fellows want to be trusted to tend to our nations economic woes? They want to be trusted to take on the likes of Ahmadinejad, but they wont take on a hockey mom from Wasilla? Until they do that, I dismiss them.

But, I reiterated, didnt she believe that the Republican establishments predominant worry was that she would lose to Obama?

Then perhaps they should vent some of their paranoia toward all of the potential G.O.P. candidates, she said. Because obviously theres no guarantee that any one of us would win. But I do believe that much of this is a threat to their hierarchy, because Ive never shied away from a battle and because Ill put principle before politics.

Area51!

First, I think she acquits herself quite well, with her reply to knee-capping by Republican Kingmakers.

I'd like to know why she threatens you so much, that you continue to find a way to post your biased slant?

Probably the same reasons that the Republican Kingmakers are threatened?

Because she more accurately represents all the "little" people that live their quiet lives in "fly-over" country......all of us "bitter clingers"....that want to shake up the safe positions of the existing 2-party status quo; and bring more responsive [family oriented, God centric, Republic style]government.

It's all about who & what you want exercising control over your life....and the life of your descendents:

Entrenched D's & R's......all good ol' boys........or Momma Grizzlies?

Many of us here don't see Palin as Presidential fodder yet.......but ask any here, if they'd rather have her bumbling, heart felt love of God, family & country, in control.......or a poseur, such as anObama.....or even a McCain.

All that messy social conservative pap, just scares the hell out of you, doesn't it?

Get used to disappointment.......it's a center right constituency.....and the pendulum may swing further right to combat the far-left agenda that was rejected on November 2nd.

Thank God for the electoral college, too......without it, you urban dwellers would have a lock on our lives.

Many of us here don't see Palin as Presidential fodder yet.......but ask any here, if they'd rather have her bumbling, heart felt love of God, family & country, in control.......or a poseur, such as anObama.....or even a McCain.

SrWoodChuck!

You're channeling my thoughts on Sarah.

Areafiftyone!

Seriously, you seem to have a false impression of my political leanings and motivations.

I left FR probably about the same time that you did. I got tired of the barrage of negative articles and ad hominem attacks on Rudy and Mitt. While I did not think either of them was my ideal candidate... they were my top choices at the time over McCain or Fred.

I stood up for them based on their positions on the key issues that we as a country were facing at that time. However, it got tiresome and stupid so I quit posting there. (never got banned)

It's probably a pretty good guess that you too got tired of the daily redundant negative postings and articles on Rudy and Mitt. That's kinda what I feel about the recent flurry of negative threads on anything TeaParty.

Does that make any sense?

Great point, SrWoodChuck.

Speaking of urban dwellers,there are exceptions of course, but population centers consist primarily of Lefties who try to dictate how folks in working America live. You don't see a lot of Lefties in the country unless they traipsed into the woodlands to get back to nature and be green.

The problem is that Liberalism is contagious, like a bubonic plague.

statemapredblue.png

Here's the 2004 elections

US_map_2008_election.png

Here's the 2008 elections