Palin wants "electable" candidate

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.gop12.com
GOP12:

Sarah Palin got quite a bit of attention when she told ET that she'd only run for President if no one else running was a constitutional conservative.

In a way, that boxes her in if a guy like Jim DeMint -- whom Palin would almost certainly consider a constitutional conservative -- runs.

But yesterday on Fox, she added a few qualifications.

"I'm certainly going to take a good lay-of-the-land look, and see if there are others out there, who are electable, who are willing to make the tough decisions, won't care what the heck the media says about them, but will do the right things and shrink the government so the private sector can thrive.

If there are others out there, willing to do that and make the sacrifices, then I'll support them. If there's nobody else, I would do it."

Notice two things.

1. She says the candidate has to be "electable", something I haven't heard her say before, and a caveat she could use to disqualify Jim DeMint and others, based on primary polling.

2. She issues another condition -- that the candidate doesn't care "what the heck the media says about them."

Again, that sounds like Palin constructing a Build-A-Candidate that, somewhat conveniently, ends up looking a lot like herself.

That is such a silly thing to for Palin to say. The majority clearly want an unelectable candidate.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

(Do I need a sarcasm tag?)sarcasm

Guest areafiftyone

That is such a silly thing to for Palin to say. The majority clearly want an unelectable candidate.

:lmfao: :lmfao:

(Do I need a sarcasm tag?)sarcasm

Seems to me she's not running but will support only the candidate that fills her list of qualifications.