"Just Say No To Nancy Reagan"

Valin

8db22ffe-ac43-4497-86c6-1c50532ab213
Hugh Hewitt Blog:

Hugh Hewitt
11/15/10

My Washington Examiner column this morning picks up where my conversation on Friday's radio show with the Washington Post's Chris Cillizza left off: A blast at the idea of a Politico-NBC-sponsored debate at the Reagan Library for would be GOP presidential nominees in the spring of 2011.

Not only is the timing way too early, the proposal also puts forward the wrong sponsors who would people the panels with MSMers asking loaded questions, just as the MSM-populated "debates" of 2008 played out.

If the candidates want to gain some public attention this spring, they can work with organizations like Heritage and AEI to appear jointly at forums on spending, taxes, or foreign affairs where genuine moderators as opposed to agent provocateurs ask the sort of questions that GOP primary voters want to hear answered. At a minimum, the Obama-swooning MSM should not call the shots when the debates of the 2012 cycle begin.
(Snip)

Guest areafiftyone

There is a reason why Nancy chose Politico...

Frederick J. Ryan Jr., was the former Assistant to President Ronald Reagan and is the president and CEO of Politico.

As far as NBC? I have no idea why.

The timing is a bit early. But most potential candidates say they will let everyone know near the spring as to whether they are running or not.

There is a reason why Nancy chose Politico...

Frederick J. Ryan Jr., was the former Assistant to President Ronald Reagan and is the president and CEO of Politico.

As far as NBC? I have no idea why.

The timing is a bit early. But most potential candidates say they will let everyone know near the spring as to whether they are running or not.

Area51!

Thanks for the information on Frederick J. Ryan Jr. I would like to suggest that NBC is owned by GE and Reagan was their spokesman for 8 or more years. I'm sure there are still connections.