Peaceful resistance: incandescent light bulb stockpilers defy the ban

Geee

peaceful-resistance-incandescent-light-bulb-stockpilers-defy-the-ban
Daily Caller:

The choice of a chair for the Energy and Commerce Committee is viewed by many to be John Boehner’s first test as speaker; a bellwether for whether he will side with establishment Republicans or the more conservative incoming class of representatives, many of whom are closely aligned with the Tea Party. But for Walter Smith (a Daily Caller pseudonym for a source who didn’t want his name to be used) the decision, which is likely to be between Rep. Joe Barton of Texas and Rep. Fred Upton of Michigan, is much more momentous, and will have a far more direct effect on his life.

Smith stockpiles incandescent light bulbs. He has been collecting them for three years now, ever since the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 passed. The act, which imposed a de-facto ban on incandescent bulbs by 2012, was co-sponsored by Upton. In September, Barton co-authored legislation to turn back that part of the bill.

Smith currently has about a thousand incandescent bulbs, which he keeps in boxes in his garage.

“It doesn’t take as much space as you think it does,” he told The Daily Caller. “It’s just a couple large boxes.”

“I buy different wattages,” he explained. “Usually…40 to 100, but I’m trying to focus on 100 lately cause I know those are the first ones to go.”shout