How Palin Controls Her Facebook Page

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.frumforum.com
FRUM FORUM:

Slate reports:

Sarah Palin is fighting elites: the GOP establishment, know-it-alls like Karl Rove, the mainstream media, the Federal Reserve. What unites all fronts in this battle is her conviction that people who claim to know the truth, or what’s best for you, do not. Palin doesn’t let people tell her to be quiet, and you shouldn’t, either. It is a compelling message. It also requires the very thing Palin rails against—that is, silencing even small voices of dissent. I discovered just how small when I tried to take part in the conversation among Palin’s fans on her Facebook page. Palin’s brand management rivals, if not surpasses, that of marketing behemoths like Apple, Nike, or Coca-Cola, all of which are known for their control over the tiniest details of their products.

On Monday, Palin rebuked a reporter on her Facebook page. “Do Wall Street Journal reporters Read the Wall Street Journal?” she asked. The Journal reporter, Sudeep Reddy, had asserted that Palin had gotten her facts wrong in a recent speech when she said,”Everyone who ever goes out shopping for groceries knows that prices have risen significantly over the past year or so.” Grocery prices, Reddy pointed out, “haven’t risen all that significantly, in fact”—inflation is at 0.6 percent for the first nine months of 2010. Palin responded: “Really? That’s odd, because just last Thursday, November 4, I read an article in Mr. Reddy’s own Wall Street Journal titled “Food Sellers Grit Teeth, Raise Prices: Packagers and Supermarkets Pressured to Pass Along Rising Costs, Even as Consumers Pinch Pennies.” Palin ends her post with what is sometimes known as an end zone dance. “Now I realize I’m just a former governor and current housewife from Alaska, but even humble folks like me can read the newspaper. I’m surprised a prestigious reporter for the Wall Street Journal doesn’t.”

At least she called you prestigious, Mr. Reddy! Palin seemed to have his number. But then I read Reddy’s critique and the story Palin says undermines it. The story Palin cites to support her claim doesn’t do that. In her speech, Palin said that “prices have risen significantly over the past year or so.” The Journal article says prices are only “beginning” to rise. The time period of “significant” increase Palin is talking about is referred to in the first sentence of the exculpatory article as “the tamest year of food pricing in nearly two decades.”

About an hour after Palin’s post, I made this point in a few sentences and posted them on Palin’s Facebook page in the space allotted for readers to participate in the conversations she starts. I wanted to see if any of the other participants would respond, as they sometimes do. They didn’t—because within two minutes, my post had been deleted from the steady stream of acclaim from Palin fans congratulating her for tweaking the media and urging her to run for president. It’s the first time I’ve been kicked out of a place of worship. Whoever administers the page for Palin had deleted me so fast I didn’t even have a copy of what I’d written. I posted another similar note:

I think Governor Palin and the author are talking about two different time periods. Governor Palin says “everyone who ever goes out shopping for groceries knows that prices have risen significantly over the past year or so.” The article she cites, and quotes above, says that the “inflationary tide is //beginning.//” Also, Governor Palin uses the word “significantly” which can’t apply to the first nine months of the year (since grocery prices increased at a record slow pace) and if it’s just the last couple of months a term like “moderate” might have been more precise. Recent price increases have not been like the 6 percent increase of 2008. There are a lot of interesting questions related to food prices. Do statistics really capture what people are feeling? How do price statistics take quantity changes into account? Is monetary policy really what’s causing the prices to increase? What if it’s foreign demand, as the article cited by Palin argues?

Once again, my attempt to kick off this conversation did not happen. My second post was also deleted.

Guest areafiftyone

Resistance is Futile - come to the Dark Side....we have cookies! :P

Actually in reality, Palin controls her tweets and Facebook with help from a group called "Conservatives 4 Palin". They go over every response with a fine tooth comb before it is put on her Facebook or Twitter. If there is any descent or anything is said remotely argumentative or against what she says - even if it is not hostile in nature and that individual is just trying correct something, it is removed. This was reported a while ago and Conservatives 4 Palin did not deny this. You would think this person would know it by now. Everyone else does. LOL!

It sounds like the people from TOS are running her Facebook page. I think it's dangerous if dissent is never allowed. It also sounds like questions are not allowed either. What are her adoring fans so afraid of that they won't allow this? Adoration is blinding. If Palin runs for President will she only allow her fan base to talk to her or be around her? That's what they did to Obama. He was totally isolated.

Actually in reality, Palin controls her tweets and Facebook with help from a group called "Conservatives 4 Palin". They go over every response with a fine tooth comb before it is put on her Facebook or Twitter. If there is any descent or anything is said remotely argumentative or against what she says - even if it is not hostile in nature and that individual is just trying correct something, it is removed. This was reported a while ago and Conservatives 4 Palin did not deny this. You would think this person would know it by now. Everyone else does. LOL!

Then it really is not her Facebook page but the Conservatives4Palin page. Here we go again lol Deceit once again just like with the TPM and the TP Express.

Guest areafiftyone

Then it really is not her Facebook page but the Conservatives4Palin page. Here we go again lol Deceit once again just like with the TPM and the TP Express.

That's okay - she's just making sure everyone loves her ..... OR ELSE!!!! :P:lmfao:

Guest areafiftyone

Well to be honest that is the deal with Facebook or Twitter - you can control those pages. With the news media she has no control which is why she can't stand them and feels they are against her. She's quite easy to read.

righteousmomma

So you guys really thought Sarah is sitting around in her pjs self servingly playing on Facebook :blink:

About an hour after Palin’s post, I made this point in a few sentences and posted them on Palin’s Facebook page in the space allotted for readers to participate in the conversations she starts. I wanted to see if any of the other participants would respond, as they sometimes do. They didn’t—because within two minutes, my post had been deleted from the steady stream of acclaim from Palin fans congratulating her for tweaking the media and urging her to run for president. It’s the first time I’ve been kicked out of a place of worship. Whoever administers the page for Palin had deleted me so fast I didn’t even have a copy of what I’d written. I posted another similar note...........

Once again, my attempt to kick off this conversation did not happen. My second post was also deleted.

Btw any article touted by Slate is suspect as to its total left leaning bias - clear and simple and unequivocal. And when they choose David Frum. Well, consider the source.

righteousmomma

wiki saves me so much time:

Frum was a supporter of John McCain in the 2008 Presidential election, writing "I vote for John McCain". In an article for National Review Online he posted days before the 2008 election, he gave ten reasons why he was going to vote for McCain instead of Obama. Frum had previously been a vocal critic of Republican presidential candidate John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate on the ground that Palin was unqualified to assume the presidency. Speaking of Palin's performance during the campaign, Frum stated, "I think she has pretty thoroughly—and probably irretrievably—proven that she is not up to the job of being president of the United States. Nevertheless he ultimately stated his support for Palin, writing "But on Tuesday, I will trust that she can learn. She has governed a state - and ... it says something important that so many millions of people respond to her as somebody who incarnates their beliefs and values. At a time when the great American middle often seems to be falling further and further behind, there may be a special need for a national leader who represents and symbolizes that middle."

On August 14, 2009 on Bill Moyers Journal, Frum challenged certain Republican political tactics in opposing healthcare and other Democratic initiatives as "outrageous," "dangerous" and ineffective.[ As Congress prepared to pass the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in March 2010, Frum again criticized the Republican strategy of refusing to negotiate with President Obama and congressional Democrats on health care reform, saying that it had resulted in the Republicans' "most crushing legislative defeat since the 1960s". Prior to making this statement, Frum had been associated with the American Enterprise Institute. He resigned from the AEI a couple days after this statement, apparently because the AEI disagreed with him on this point. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/25/david-frum-aei-split-cons_n_513544.html

Guest areafiftyone

So you guys really thought Sarah is sitting around in her pjs self servingly playing on Facebook :blink:

About an hour after Palin’s post, I made this point in a few sentences and posted them on Palin’s Facebook page in the space allotted for readers to participate in the conversations she starts. I wanted to see if any of the other participants would respond, as they sometimes do. They didn’t—because within two minutes, my post had been deleted from the steady stream of acclaim from Palin fans congratulating her for tweaking the media and urging her to run for president. It’s the first time I’ve been kicked out of a place of worship. Whoever administers the page for Palin had deleted me so fast I didn’t even have a copy of what I’d written. I posted another similar note...........

Btw any article touted by Slate is suspect - clear and simple and unequivocal. And when they choose David Frum. Well, consider the source.

Palin's Facebook and twitter are heavily monitored - we knew that from a while ago. But regardless it's a safe place for her - no one can say a word against her there and of course she likes it that way - who wouldn't? But in all honesty anyone that has a facebook page or twitter page can monitor their stuff - that's the beauty of it. I can guarantee if you try it say anything on it that disagrees with what she says even as a test against her - I'm sure your remark will be deleted and your account banned. It's just the way her page operates. My goodness everyone knows it by now. You don't post on Twitter or Facebook unless you want complete control. It's good for her fans though. I have no problems with it - I never go on there anyway. No need to.

Guest areafiftyone

Btw any article touted by Slate is suspect as to its total left leaning bias - clear and simple and unequivocal. And when they choose David Frum. Well, consider the source.

Actually David Frum is a moderate Republican and I do read his Forum because he does write some good stuff. Most of the stuff on his site is just News Articles with links just like Drudge but not as dramatic as Drudge. Once in a while either Frum or someone else there writes an op ed but that's about it. It's mostly articles linked to their news sites. (Of course the comments are from all different people and his site does allow people to blast him if they like and believe me they do) Like I've said many times - I don't restrict my brain to just social conservative sites otherwise I'm really not in sync with what is going on around me.

But the person who did this was from Slate (which I usually don't read that much) not Frum Forum and he should have known better but I'm thinking Slate wanted to test to see if they could REFUTE her comment on her Facebook but they were not allowed. Like I said before - I even knew it was heavily monitored. Why this was a surprise to him - I don't know. The news was out on this a long time ago.

This portion of Frum's article was posted by 4 different posters repeatedly and not deleted. With over 2.3 million fans and 1000 replies to each article or post she makes (only six posts since 11/01) of course, there has to be monitoring.

Frankly, I can go to Huffington Post or Slate to read repeated hit pieces against Palin and other Republicans.

I think Governor Palin and the author are talking about two different time periods. Governor Palin says “everyone who ever goes out shopping for groceries knows that prices have risen significantly over the past year or so.” The article she cites, and quotes above, says that the “inflationary tide is //beginning.//” Also, Governor Palin uses the word “significantly” which can’t apply to the first nine months of the year (since grocery prices increased at a record slow pace) and if it’s just the last couple of months a term like “moderate” might have been more precise. Recent price increases have not been like the 6 percent increase of 2008. There are a lot of interesting questions related to food prices. Do statistics really capture what people are feeling? How do price statistics take quantity changes into account? Is monetary policy really what’s causing the prices to increase? What if it’s foreign demand, as the article cited by Palin argues?

righteousmomma
This portion of Frum's article was posted by 4 different posters repeatedly and not deleted. With over 2.3 million fans and 1000 replies to each article or post she makes (only six posts since 11/01) of course, there has to be monitoring.

Frankly, I can go to Huffington Post or Slate to read repeated hit pieces against Palin and other Republicans.

Ditto, Rheo.

Moderates like Frum got us to where we were before the Tea Party movement and radio conservatives -- fast becoming a non entity branch of the Democrats in a liberal controlled media.

righteousmomma
I don't restrict my brain to just social conservative sites otherwise I'm really not in sync with what is going on around me.

Neither do we here who are social conservatives.

Otherwise how would I know about Slate :o

not Frum Forum and he should have known better but I'm thinking Slate wanted to test to see if they could REFUTE her comment on her Facebook but they were not allowed

areafiftyone, I am thinking that as smart as you are you don't really think that. You could not possibly. If you have never read Slate then I guess you never read the non stop slamming and insults they levied at President Bush calling him everything from dunce to idiot to stupid fool and worse and their views of us so called social conservative Christians that make me --to this day -too furious to post.

Actually David Frum is a moderate Republican and I do read his Forum because he does write some good stuff. Most of the stuff on his site is just News Articles with links just like Drudge but not as dramatic as Drudge. Once in a while either Frum or someone else there writes an op ed but that's about it. It's mostly articles linked to their news sites. (Of course the comments are from all different people and his site does allow people to blast him if they like and believe me they do) Like I've said many times - I don't restrict my brain to just social conservative sites otherwise I'm really not in sync with what is going on around me.

But the person who did this was from Slate (which I usually don't read that much) not Frum Forum and he should have known better but I'm thinking Slate wanted to test to see if they could REFUTE her comment on her Facebook but they were not allowed. Like I said before - I even knew it was heavily monitored. Why this was a surprise to him - I don't know. The news was out on this a long time ago.

Some thoughts:

David Frum is a moderate Republican like....ex-WaPo Dave Weigel is a moderate Republican.....like I'm a lesbian trans-national progressive. Slate regularly hammered Bush & continues to hammer Palin, even though she only ran once for a national office, two years ago.

Area51! On your daily "walk on the wild side" you post here, after gleaning what you think are juicy tidbits of red meat for the conservative carnivores who've made this our home; from HuffPo, Slate and NYT, et.al. Thank you.

Please continue to do so....it's good to have your completely diametrical perspective here, and if we can't elicit the proper rhetoric to de-bunk your postings.......well, we're not really conservative lovers of a Republican form of government; are we?

BTW-Food distributor's & manufacturer's have been raising prices for well over 18 months; as well as reducing food packaging sizes & weights, with no reduction in price. Since MrsSrWoodchuck has been doing price changes for a major national grocer for 40 years; she daily raises prices, prior to dropping them for "sales events" and has to make new tags for "re-sized-but-same-price" items......she keeps me well informed about increasing costs in the retail food market.

The picayune trashing of Palin, is like a monotonous droning "white noise" that has well run it's effective power, like the race card.

Guest areafiftyone
I don't restrict my brain to just social conservative sites otherwise I'm really not in sync with what is going on around me.

not Frum Forum and he should have known better but I'm thinking Slate wanted to test to see if they could REFUTE her comment on her Facebook but they were not allowed

areafiftyone, I am thinking that as smart as you are you don't really think that. You could not possibly. If you have never read Slate then I guess you never read the non stop slamming and insults they levied at President Bush calling him everything from dunce to idiot to stupid fool and worse and their views of us so called social conservative Christians that make me --to this day -too furious to post.

You see I don't get upset over bashing of Republicans because I know Republicans do the same to Democrats and it's par for the course and all politics. I know that Republicans have their sources to do it to Democrats as well - Fox News and conservative websites and conservative newspapers (if there are any left! LOL). I stopped getting upset over bashing a long time ago - and just laughed it off because I know in the meantime these politicians that they are bashing are able to use deflector shields quite well and run their campaigns and still go out in front of the cameras and say what they want to say regardless. It's not stopping them from doing their jobs or making money out of it so why should it bother me? And I also realized that they really aren't personal friends of mine and personally don't give a hoot about me (and that is really the truth) regardless of how much I supported them and got upset over the media trashing them. They got into Politics for a reason and usually it's what they wanted to do in their careers and also to make tons of money and they know that getting into politics you take the good part (meeting people who like you and are your base and are cheering you on) and the bad (media bashing you and meeting those ugly people who protest and can't stomach you). So when I see them not getting upset - I say to myself why should I get upset for them? Would they do that for me? And the answer is NO! Look how much they slammed Bush and what is Bush doing? - Writing a book and going on the shows that slammed him and making money off of it (and rightly so - he deserves it). I happened to really really like Bush and voted for him twice and don't regret my vote and what I see now (for all the bashing the media did) is a guy who is at peace with himself and his presidency and has not a thing to worry about and is being asked by the so-called liberal media to talk about his book and his tenure in office. For all the bashing they did - Bush is calm - clear headed and still a great warm hearted person. So all that bashing means not a thing. It's par for the course. It has not changed Bush or Laura or anyone. That is why I can go on all kinds of sites and not take them seriously because in the end no matter what they say about a certain politician I like, it's not going to change my feelings and my vote and it certainly will not change them. I think I stopped getting discombobulated after the 2008 Republican primary. I realized my life has not changed one iota because of these people and probably never will. For me politics is fun.

Don't hold back SrWoodChuck!

Really tell us how you feel. :unsure:

woodchuck.jpg

NCTexan!

This picture of me on maneuvers is supposed to be classified!

I really do appreciate shoutArea51! [&shoutStella!] posting here. Living where Area51 says she does, and being a 7AM to 3PM poster here......I'm assuming she's having a vicarious thrill of Republican conservatism*, which I think is great......and it'd be darn repetitious to have a steady diet of "Yeah-Sayers."

Stella! has to live near Chicago......where I read yesterday, that their newly elected Republican Senator Kirk, has already said he plans on voting with the Dem's on several pieces of legislation.

*Conservatives loving the US Republic.......it's not just Democracy.......it's better!

Actually Laura Ingrahm on BOR yesterday did the same thing to GWB. She agreed with Slate.

woodchuck.jpg

NCTexan!

I really do appreciate shoutArea51! [&shoutStella!] posting here. Living where Area51 says she does, and being a 7AM to 3PM poster here......I'm assuming she's having a vicarious thrill of Republican conservatism*, which I think is great......and it'd be darn repetitious to have a steady diet of "Yeah-Sayers."

Stella! has to live near Chicago......where I read yesterday, that their newly elected Republican Senator Kirk, has already said he plans on voting with the Dem's on several pieces of legislation.

*Conservatives loving the US Republic.......it's not just Democracy.......it's better!

Kirk represents the people of Illinois not the Conservative movement from other states. I'm getting tired of the Conservatives thinking they have the right to tell everyone what to do. They sound like Obama. All states are not alike.

Guest areafiftyone

Some thoughts:

David Frum is a moderate Republican like....ex-WaPo Dave Weigel is a moderate Republican.....like I'm a lesbian trans-national progressive. Slate regularly hammered Bush & continues to hammer Palin, even though she only ran once for a national office, two years ago.

Area51! On your daily "walk on the wild side" you post here, after gleaning what you think are juicy tidbits of red meat for the conservative carnivores who've made this our home; from HuffPo, Slate and NYT, et.al. Thank you.

Please continue to do so....it's good to have your completely diametrical perspective here, and if we can't elicit the proper rhetoric to de-bunk your postings.......well, we're not really conservative lovers of a Republican form of government; are we?

BTW-Food distributor's & manufacturer's have been raising prices for well over 18 months; as well as reducing food packaging sizes & weights, with no reduction in price. Since MrsSrWoodchuck has been doing price changes for a major national grocer for 40 years; she daily raises prices, prior to dropping them for "sales events" and has to make new tags for "re-sized-but-same-price" items......she keeps me well informed about increasing costs in the retail food market.

The picayune trashing of Palin, is like a monotonous droning "white noise" that has well run it's effective power, like the race card.

Another thought also - If you would prefer me to only post from conservative approved sites - give me a list - I'll be more than happy when I come on this site post from the predictable dull and boring.. (but surely it's better because it's conservative articles) articles that are good enough. And then we will never know what is going on in the minds of other people. I don't deal with life that way but that's just me. Just let me know. Have a happy Friday.

Guest areafiftyone

woodchuck.jpg

NCTexan!

The Reason why I'm a 7AM to 3PM poster here is because I work and I'm able to get on the site then and keep it on the down low. At night I have absolutely no time to post because I don't get home until 8:00 p.m The weekends I am too busy visiting sick people. That is the reason for my posting schedule. But thank you for keeping track of my posting hours for me because I certainly don't.

And I don't consider myself a conservative - I've said that many many many times before and even on other sites. I'm a Republican - not a social conservative (I never in my life have said I was a social conservative) so that is the reason why I never put restrictions on myself as far as reading and posting. I've always been honest in what I am - if you have ever followed me on FR you would know (which is probably another reason why I was banned - for being honest and not saying I was a conservative and also for supporting someone they did not like). Well anyhooo. If the way I post annoys you - I can't help that. Apparently if you guys have to come to consensus about me I'll go along with it - If it means I have to leave - fine. I'll do it.

Apparently if you guys have to come to consensus about me I'll go along with it - If it means I have to leave - fine. I'll do it.

Areafiftyone!

Speaking for NCTexan only... I hope you stay and continue to post.

I left TOS because of unrealistic positions, the broad brushing of people into groups, and some general ugliness. I'm generally a SOCON and have never voted anything besides Republican. However, I am less enthusiastic about declared REPUBS who vote like DEM a high percentage of the time.

While being "generally a SOCON", I am not a single issue person.... I always try to weigh the total "package" and overall (net sum) position of any candidate in a specific race.

I do not appreciate broad brush attacks on SOCONs, TeaParty supporters, or TeaParty Express supporters (whatever that is)... Sometimes I feel like they're a broadside against my beliefs and intellect.

I'm glad the Tea Party Express (or Local) has been a force for the past few years. Otherwise, we might have won Deleware but probably would have had Charley Crist in the senate... and much worse overall results.

My reactions have been to what appears to be a preoccupation and focus on all things negative about the movement... at the expense of all of the good that we're experiencing today. It's mystifying to me harping on the faux pas of the movement seem to be the raison d'être for some.

That said, I value your opinion and enjoy hearing other thoughts and perspectives.

JMO

Kirk represents the people of Illinois not the Conservative movement from other states. I'm getting tired of the Conservatives thinking they have the right to tell everyone what to do. They sound like Obama. All states are not alike.

Stella!

Did I not say I celebrate your right to post here?

Does that preclude my being able to comment, if I disagree with your opinion?

If you can comment about the unsuitability of a Christine O'Donnell as a perfect candidate with conservative credentials; am I forbidden from making a similiar comment about Mark Kirk [R-elect-Ill.] who has already made a choice to align himself with a Democratic caucus, prior to setting foot in DC?

Area51! [Actually both of you, with permission]

Attacks on the Tea Party Express may be warranted. I just don't see any comments from you regarding the Democrat's Socialist Congressional Caucus, which has over 80 members; as opposed to the handful of Tea party candidates, that may have been on a ballot or been fortunate enough to be elected to serve. In the present scheme of things, I'm certain that the socialists in Congress & the Senate, are more purely dangerous to our American way of life.....in any state....than Sarah Palin. She is a continuing focus of your postings.

How far apart are Tea Party [Express or Patriot] members from Socialists?

The other end of the spectrum from a Republic is Democratic socialism/Communism.........doesn't that warrant a verb or a noun on occasion?

Regarding posts from left websites: Post away!

My comment would be that a better balance of sites, would lead me to believe that you are sincere about values that we share at this site, instead of being a troll or a member of a "Soros/Alinsky web-brigade" [which I don't think you are]

I may be way off base......but it's The Right Reason's with an emphasis on Right.........not The Center Reason's.

Does that mean you have to fit into a pre-selected niche, or not be able to post your opinions...heck, no!

But, expect opinion right back at ya! If you're requiring us to be PC in deference to your opinions; then we have lost our freedoms here. It does go both ways. If this is not a perfect fit because you post & people keep giving negative comments in response, what does that tell you?

Personally, I'd like you to stay.

Edited to add: Area51! Your posting schedule was noticed after a comment made by another poster. It's great that you are seeing sick people. I post here up until midnight or later and have shedule conflicts at times, too. I guess I'm at a loss when you say you're a Republican, but not a conservative, or a social conservative. What type of Republican are you? If you don't feel like explaining, that's fine, but it would be a help in seeing your perspective. Personally, I've been an independent since about 2006, but generally vote Republican because I am a conservative/libertarian. Like NCTexan, though, I'll vote my conscience without regard to party affiliation.

righteousmomma

shoutNCT and shoutSr.Woodchuck,

I agree with your sentiments of course.

But what has to be remembered always is what Sr. Woodchuck just said:

I may be way off base......but it's The Right Reason's with an emphasis on Right.........not The Center Reason's.

Does that mean you have to fit into a pre-selected niche, or not be able to post your opinions...heck, no!

But don't expect opinion right back at ya! If you're requiring us to be PC in deference to your opinions; then we have lost our freedoms here. It does go both ways. If this is not a perfect fit because you post & people keep giving negative comments in response, what does that tell you?

I, imo as RM, love having Stella and areafiftyone and AnnieV posting here. I like them as "people" too. I very much understand them and where they live etc and do not expect anyone to be in uniformity to any ideologue.

But there is a reason for negative responses here, nothing personal,nothing against them as human beings, just deeply held beliefs and views of most of us here at The Right Reasons or we would not be here.

snip

And I don't consider myself a conservative - I've said that many many many times before and even on other sites. I'm a Republican - not a social conservative (I never in my life have said I was a social conservative) so that is the reason why I never put restrictions on myself as far as reading and posting.snip

And that's the difference between me and thee, A51. I am a conservative at the core and vote my conscience first, whether there is an R or a D or an I behind the name. In national elections I vote R but take a clothespin as needed. I needed industrial strength pins to vote in 2008. Dole required a bunch, too.

The fact that you don't "consider" yourself a conservative speaks volumes. What is a person who is not a conservative? Antonyms from dictionary are:

"broad-minded, large-minded, liberal, nonconservative, nonconventional, nonorthodox, nontraditional, open-minded, progressive, unconventional, unorthodox"

Perhaps one of those words describe you. Liberal, open-minded, progressive, broad-minded.

A conservative adheres to principles of personal responsibility, moral values, and limited government, agreeing with George Washington's Farewell Address that "religion and morality are indispensable supports" to political prosperity. The sine qua non of a conservative is someone who rises above his personal self-interest and promotes moral and economic values beneficial to all.

Just be aware that you may get called you out when you post monotonous news articles that slam conservatives, parroting some MSM crap that is easily enough accessible..

You and I would find common ground on some social issues as I am not a single social issue conservative voter so there's perhaps some hope for both of us.

; )

Your posts here help highlight the differences between conservatives and Republicans who are not conservatives so the discussions are helpful.

Hello, shoutStella, I luv ya too.

:wub: