An isolated President Obama faces 2012

Geee

44812.html
Politico:

President Barack Obama has performed his act of contrition. Now comes the hard part, according to Democrats around the country: reckoning with the simple fact that he’s isolated himself from virtually every group that matters in American politics.

Congressional Democrats consider him distant and blame him for their historic defeat on Tuesday. Democratic state party leaders scoff at what they see as an inattentive and hapless political operation. Democratic lobbyists feel maligned by his holier-than-though take on their profession. His own cabinet – with only a few exceptions – has been marginalized.

His relations with business leaders could hardly be worse. Obama has suggested it’s a PR problem but several Democratic officials said CEOs friendly with the president walk away feeling he’s indifferent at best to their concerns. Add in his icy relations with Republicans, the media and, most importantly, most voters and it’s easy to understand why his own staff leaked word to POLITICO that they want Obama to shake up his staff and change his political approach.snip

Let's hope he stays on course without corrections.

FROM

Town hall meet brings out vintage Obama

He then said, "I have also learnt that on this journey, you are going to suffer setbacks and you have to be persistent and stubborn and keep going at it."

snipSpeaking of the values he holds as the touchstones of his being, he said, "Like Dr King and Abraham Lincoln and people who I am personally studying and reading, I find myself woefully short of examples all the time.snip

What does personally mean in "...personally studying and reading..."?

shoutGeee

Rush asked for women and children to be removed from the room as he read this line from Politico article:

“This guy swept to power on a wave of adulation, and he learned the wrong lessons from that,” said a Democratic official who deals frequently with the White House. “He’s more of a movement leader than a politician. He needs someone to kick his ass on things large and small and teach him to be a politician.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44812.html#ixzz14iO0I6Us

That means he's doing it himself, taking time out of his great an important work, rather than hiring someone to do it for him.

Well, at least that is what this clinger thinks. :lol:

You are very bitter and perceptive gun and Bible clinger this morning, Polly!

snip

That means he's doing it himself, taking time out of his great an important work, rather than hiring someone to do it for him.

You are very bitter and perceptive gun and Bible clinger this morning, Polly!

:lol:

I have to say, I'm glad he's finally taking time to do this himself. I would think it would have helped to have done it BEFORE he was president.

And morning Pepper! B)

"

Speaking of the values he holds as the touchstones of his being, he said, "Like Dr King and Abraham Lincoln and people who I am personally studying and reading, I find myself woefully short of examples all the time. "

This is the line that got me. What the heck does he mean by that? He is like King and Lincoln-so superior that he can't find role-models?

That's a good catch, Geee.

"Speaking of the values he holds as the touchstones of his being, he said, "Like Dr King and Abraham Lincoln and people who I am personally studying and reading, I find myself woefully short of examples all the time. "

This is the line that got me. What the heck does he mean by that? He is like King and Lincoln-so superior that he can't find role-models?

Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical that some aide didn't load MLK and Lincoln into his bedside telepromper... :blink:

Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical that some aide didn't load MLK and Lincoln into his bedside telepromper... :blink:

;)