GOP House eager to send subpoenas to the White House

Geee

GOP-House-eager-to-send-subpoenas-to-the-White-House-1470043-106795213.html
Washington Examiner:

GOP House eager to send subpoenas to the White House
By: JULIE MASON
Examiner White House Correspondent
November 5, 2010

When his Democratic Party controlled Congress, President Obama didn't have to worry about nosy congressional probes papering his administration with subpoenas and hauling staffers to Capitol Hill for awkward, confrontational hearings.

That all changes in January, when Republicans assume control of the House and their new committee chairmen, armed with subpoena powers, begin exercising a more intense oversight of the executive branch.

"We're going to try to fight the arrogance of government," Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., the presumptive chairman of the House Government Oversight and Reform Committee, told reporters after Tuesday's election, in which Republicans swept control of the House and increased their numbers in the Senate.snip

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand you would like to see some consequences for all of the sh** that they have pulled, but on the other hand, that is not why the R's were voted in. People are wanting solutions to the economic problems and to have this healthcare thing taken care of. There may be anger such as in the Clinton years, if a gross amount of time is spent in investigations. Mixed mixed feelings about this.

I'm with you Geee! Not sure I want this to be a big focus from the issues, but there are some questions that need answers. If they do it right and not make it a big media event while they are fact gathering. Going to be some interesting times ahead.

I think that some of the things done by DoJ must be investigated, like letting Holder explain the legal reasons why he forced his prosecutors to drop the ironclad New Black Panther case in Philadelphia and getting the people in the administration to discuss what happened behind the back door deals involved in getting Obambicare passed.

However, if the GOP goes on the same rampage as they did by investigating everything Bill Clinton ever did during the '90s, it will come back to bite them in the long run. Nobody is really in the mood for a repeat of that mess, but rather stifle the spending and running Obambi out of town in 2 years...

Guest areafiftyone

What happened to the issues - the economy, housing market, taxes? The GOP has 2 years to get this country turned around. If they are going to start wasting precious time - the American people are not going to be happy. They are not thrilled with Republicans or Democrats now as it is. And Republicans want to win in 2012? Not if they get sidetracked with this stuff they won't. Who did we just put into office - a bunch of Vindictive Freepers? We need to change turn this economy around.

shoutareafiftyone

Do agree with you that the GOP needs to focus on solutions. The conservatives a week ago elected a group to improve conditions, not to pin blame.

But I don't agree with your description of FR. That's a broad brush. With 9 years on that board (under a different name), all my good cyber friends I met through there directly and indirectly.

Name calling is what divides. That's why I reserve it for the Left.

shoutareafiftyone

Do agree with you that the GOP needs to focus on solutions. The conservatives a week ago elected a group to improve conditions, not to pin blame.

But I don't agree with your description of FR. That's a broad brush. With 9 years on that board (under a different name), all my good cyber friends I met through there directly and indirectly.

So many times shoutPepper on special threads for a death in the cyber family etc., I see the names of people I miss and think of what heaven it would be if ALL of us were posting together in one place. Sigh.

shoutareafiftyone

So many times shoutPepper on special threads for a death in the cyber family etc., I see the names of people I miss and think of what heaven it would be if ALL of us were posting together in one place. Sigh.

Amen to that my dear friend.

I think that some of the things done by DoJ must be investigated, like letting Holder explain the legal reasons why he forced his prosecutors to drop the ironclad New Black Panther case in Philadelphia and getting the people in the administration to discuss what happened behind the back door deals involved in getting Obambicare passed.

Ace! I second that!

The focus should be smaller & more responsive government; but that should include defunding, dismantling and righting the areas of government that are working at cross purposes to the American public. That may mean subpoena's & grilling by the appropriate committes, and lawsuits, resignations and/or jail time for czars and partisan heads of the EPA, the Fed, the DOJ and the Department of the Interior. It may include doing away with some of these Departments; like the Energy & Education Departments. The Executive branch needs to be lopped, and the power returned to Congress & state governments. They have different committees for each of these areas, so the focus can be on many areas at once. I'm personally tired of "Death by a Thousand Cut's" that has defined Obama & his highly partisan progressive machine. I think it's time to go on the offense; if only to make them halt their damage.

Well, we can in a sense if you look at the AlGor's creation as one place we should all have Founding Principles foremost in mind. And Reagan's 11th commandment.

We have a great forum here. Family like. It is just one other avenue to row in the same direction. Furthermore, The Right Reasons has the ability to self-edit and post to the nth degree - something few other sites have.

4_4_1_Therightreasonsnoflag.gif

Amen to that my dear friend.