Daily Presidential Tracking Poll

NCTexan

daily_presidential_tracking_poll
Rasmussen:

Friday, November 05, 2010

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows that 26% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove, giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -16.

The fact that President Obama’s Strong Disapproval numbers have remained above 40% almost all year foreshadowed how difficult the midterm elections turned out to be for the Democrats. The Approval Index first went negative in July 2009 on the eve of angry Town Hall meetings that brought the public anger into plain view. At that time, Talking Points Memo contacted three Democratic activists who attacked the Presidential Approval Index as meaningless or worse. However, the article noted that Scott Rasmussen thought “that these numbers could be an important indicator in the lower-turnout midterm elections of 2010.” The results on Tuesday night confirmed this hypothesis. snip

Snap1-20.gif

Interesting difference in the "strongly held" opinions.

Also from Rasmussen today...

Thursday, November 04, 2010

OK, the election’s over, and the message from most voters was that they didn’t care much for President Obama’s agenda. Now the focus is on the race for the presidency in 2012.

On the Republican side, it’s a dead heat between the ex-governors – Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, Mike Huckabee of Arkansas and Sarah Palin of Alaska, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely GOP Primary voters.

Asked who they would vote for if the Republican presidential primary were held today, 20% say Romney, 19% Huckabee and another 19% Palin.

Romney and Palin are tied among male GOP voters, while Huckabee has a slight edge among female voters.

In October 2009 when Likely Republican primary voters were given a choice of five potential presidential nominees, Huckabee led with 29% support, followed by Romney with 24% of the vote and Palin at 18%.

Rounding out the list of seven candidates chosen by Rasmussen Reports for the question, with their levels of support, are former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (13%), Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty (6%), Texas Congressman Ron Paul (5%) and Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels (3%). Seven percent (7%) prefer some other candidate, and eight percent (8%) are undecided.

BTW, this is the survey that I responded to with Rasmussen on Monday.

Pepper, MrChick is still chuckling about your GraphJam! Thanks, that is really a good one.

As for Rasmussen, I am not ready to vote for any one of the Republican candidates they listed because I doubt they could beat Obama in 2012. Why do you suppose they kept the field so narrow? I think it shows we do not yet have a strong contender. Two years! ? ! We have a lot of work to do.

obama.gif?w=499&h=444

Pepper!

Here's a picture of that lonely F-150 owner...

(taken when she's just unloaded her bike from the F-150 bed)

bull%20dike.jpg

BTW, who needs a seatbelt or helmet when you can hang on to those?

Chickadee!

Not mine, but it rings true, doesn't it?

Obama on TV, a THIRD day in a row.

Our Man-child cannot bear to have the lime light taken away from him. On TV now at briefing.

On the trip I am about to take, I am going to be talking of creating more markets so we can sell "... pry some markets open "put people back to work.