NRSC Reallocating Funds from Florida to California, Illinois

Valin

smart_nrsc_reallocating_funds_from_florida_to_california,_illinois
Townhall:

Guy Benson
10/15/10

(Snip)
Confident of keeping a seat, Senate Republicans are canceling $4 million in TV ads for Florida's Marco Rubio to put more money toward winning a trio of Democratic-held seats - in California, Pennsylvania and Illinois - where polls show races tightening.

In Florida, Rubio is so far ahead in polls that the GOP feels comfortable spending its money elsewhere, according to GOP officials familiar with the plans. They spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss strategy.

The officials say Republicans are sending another $1.8 million to California - they've already committed $3 million to the race - in hopes that GOP nominee Carly Fiorina can engineer a come-from-behind triumph over Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer. Republicans and Democrats both say private polling shows Boxer's lead from last month shrinking some.

Republicans also are sinking $1.3 million more into Pennsylvania, for a total of about $3 million, after surveys showed GOP nominee Pat Toomey's advantage over Democrat Joe Sestak having shrunk. Both parties now consider the race very tight, as disillusioned Democrats have fallen in line behind Sestak in the past few weeks.

(Snip)

I am on Meg's email list and got this today.

STATEMENT FROM MEG WHITMAN

Please see the following statement from California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman in response to Jerry Brown's remarks last night at UCLA where he highlighted his priority to increase the number of undocumented immigrants enrolled at state universities, and his belief that undocumented immigrants should receive financial aid from the state:

"Jerry Brown and I couldn't disagree more on this issue. The state of California is in economic meltdown, and one of Jerry Brown's top priorities is to give financial aid and in-state tuition breaks to undocumented immigrants. He not only supports legislation that would enable that type of state spending, he said it would be 'one of the first bills' he'd sign. It's either reckless mismanagement of taxpayer dollars or political pandering for votes. The truth is the state can't afford either right now.

Jerry Brown's position is wrong, because it is unfair to California taxpayers and to the students and families that are here legally. As I've said consistently throughout this campaign, I believe that in this time of fiscal crisis and strain on our public colleges and universities, our priority must be to help kids who are legal residents go to state supported colleges. Jerry Brown just doesn't get it. If you play by the rules, you and your kids should be at the front of the line to benefit from the state's world-class university system." -- Meg Whitman, Republican nominee for Governor

----------------

Jerry really is a aptly named Moonbeam. Cali can't even pay their bills and he wants to educate Mexicans. And, being Cali, he will probably win.

I am on Meg's email list and got this today.

STATEMENT FROM MEG WHITMAN

Please see the following statement from California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman in response to Jerry Brown's remarks last night at UCLA where he highlighted his priority to increase the number of undocumented immigrants enrolled at state universities, and his belief that undocumented immigrants should receive financial aid from the state:

"Jerry Brown and I couldn't disagree more on this issue. The state of California is in economic meltdown, and one of Jerry Brown's top priorities is to give financial aid and in-state tuition breaks to undocumented immigrants. He not only supports legislation that would enable that type of state spending, he said it would be 'one of the first bills' he'd sign. It's either reckless mismanagement of taxpayer dollars or political pandering for votes. The truth is the state can't afford either right now.

Jerry Brown's position is wrong, because it is unfair to California taxpayers and to the students and families that are here legally. As I've said consistently throughout this campaign, I believe that in this time of fiscal crisis and strain on our public colleges and universities, our priority must be to help kids who are legal residents go to state supported colleges. Jerry Brown just doesn't get it. If you play by the rules, you and your kids should be at the front of the line to benefit from the state's world-class university system." -- Meg Whitman, Republican nominee for Governor

----------------

Jerry really is a aptly named Moonbeam. Cali can't even pay their bills and he wants to educate Mexicans. And, being Cali, he will probably win.

She is a very good woman.

So is she going to win?

Nobody wants to return the same policies of Jerry Brown of the 1970s. The man is a political fossil who has the Joe Biden chronic foot in the mouth disease.

Mark Kirk has been running excellent ads in Illinois. It all depends on whether or not Obama can get his base out to vote here. How anyone can vote in good conscious for the thug, Alexi, is beyond me.