14 Black Republicans Vie for Congress

Geee

article.php?id=39440
Human Events:

14 Black Republicans Vie for Congress
by Martha Zoller
10/16/2010

The day before the 2000 presidential election, I interviewed Rep. John Lewis (D.-Ga.). Lewis is a civil rights icon and a “lifelong member of Congress.” I asked him if black Americans vote 95% for Democrats year in and year out, how does that help. He said, “Martha, although I am a partisan, it doesn’t help us.”

Like former SCLC President Joe Lowry said, “The Democrats take us for granted and the Republicans just take us.”

Zell Miller, former Georgia governor and U. S. senator, pointed out in his book, A National Party No More, that the Democratic Party has taken for granted the black community for years, except for the four weeks before an election. Many young black Democrats called me after that book came out and said Zell was right.

So where does that leave us today? With the historic victory of Barack Obama for President and his historic fall from grace, conservative blacks are able to come “out of the political closet.”snip

".. and the Republicans just take us.”

Join the club JL...they take us all.

That's why we have a Tea Party

Welcome to politics.

"The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy. The Republicans, on the other hand, would know how to fix your tire, but they wouldn't bother to stop because they'd want to be on time for Ugly Pants Night at the country club."

Dave Barry

Don't Vote It Just Encourages The Bastards

:lol: