Google Earth spots Scud missile base near Damascus

ErnstBlofeld

me_gulf1017_10_14.asp
World Tribune:

A Scud missile base has been detected near the Syrian capital.

Images captured by Google Earth have shown construction of several military bases throughout Syria. One of the Syrian bases, located near Damascus, was believed to contain short- and medium-range Scud-class ballstic missiles.
"The photographs also suggest that Hizbullah activists are being trained at the base on the use of Scuds," the Israeli daily Haaretz reported.

The satellite images of the Syrian bases were said to have been taken in March. One of the largest missile bases, surrounded by hills 400 meters high, was reported near Adra, about 25 kilometers northeast of Damascus.

Israeli analysts said the Google Earth images confirm reports of a Syrian missile buildup as well as training of Hizbullah. The images show what appears to be Scud B, the medium-range Scud C as well as a mobile launcher at Adra, a base that includes concrete tunnels.

Scud B was said to have a range of 300 kilometers. Scud C's range was reported at 550 kilometers.

Israeli and Arab media reports assert that Syria was providing Hizbullah with Scuds as well as the M-600 rocket. The M-600 was said to have a range of 300 kilometers.

Adra was identified as a key Syrian supply base for Hizbullah. Western intelligence sources said Iran deployed scores of military personnel at Adra to facilitate the flow of missiles and rockets to Hizbullah bases in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley.

"The long-range missiles Syria recently gave to Hizbullah are just the tip of the iceberg," Israeli Brig. Gen. Yossi Baidatz, the head of military intelligence's research division, said in mid-2010. "Hizbullah already has thousands of rockets of all kinds and all ranges."

You would hope that US intel knew of this well before Google.

Could the increase in bunker busters purchased by Israel, have been meant for this target & not Iran's nuclear facilities?

The all knowing, all seeing, all telling Google. Stock up to $600, detecting scud missiles, building its own power lines to wind farms so us pesky humans can't cut it off the grid...

I have Bing'd "Google" and came up with the search term "Skynet".

Something about an alias, as its real name is too well known and at approximately 6:12pm it is to beco.@3% self8*0awar*#C@ and take&*(V)V>e worl(&!2`.........

Please move along and return to your normal TRR viewing, there is nothing to see here.....

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2140694720070622

The head of U.S. Air Force intelligence and surveillance on Thursday said data available commercially through online mapping software such as Google Earth posed a danger to security but could not be rolled back.

"To talk about danger is, if I may, really is irrelevant because it's there," said Lt. Gen. David Deptula, deputy chief of staff for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance.

"No one's going to undo commercial satellite imagery," he told reporters in Washington.

Deptula cited Google Inc.'s Google Earth, which gives Web users an astronaut's view of the earth and allows them to zoom down to street level. He said it had provided anyone with a credit card the ability to get a picture of any place on earth.

"It is huge," he said. "It's something that was a closely guarded secret not that long ago and now everybody's got access to it."

Asked if the U.S. military might try to implement restrictions or blackouts on imagery of some areas, Deptula said he was not aware of such an attempt.

"I don't want to speak to specifics, but not that I'm aware of," he said.

Instead, governments are trying to mitigate the effect through camouflage, concealment and deception, he said, providing no other details.

Could the increase in bunker busters purchased by Israel, have been meant for this target & not Iran's nuclear facilities?

The bunker busters are supposed to be used against Iran.

We do have the National Reconnaissance Office. I think they are just a secretive as NSA or CIA. They are responsible for all of our spy satellites.

From their website:

The NRO designs, builds and operates the nation's reconnaissance satellites. NRO products, provided to an expanding list of customers like the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Department of Defense (DoD), can warn of potential trouble spots around the world, help plan military operations, and monitor the environment.

As part of the 16-member Intelligence Community, the NRO plays a primary role in achieving information superiority for the U.S. Government and Armed Forces.

A DoD agency, the NRO is staffed by DoD and CIA personnel. It is funded through the National Reconnaissance Program, part of the National Intelligence Program.

Source

We do have the National Reconnaissance Office. I think they are just a secretive as NSA or CIA. They are responsible for all of our spy satellites.

From their website:

The NRO designs, builds and operates the nation's reconnaissance satellites. NRO products, provided to an expanding list of customers like the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Department of Defense (DoD), can warn of potential trouble spots around the world, help plan military operations, and monitor the environment.

As part of the 16-member Intelligence Community, the NRO plays a primary role in achieving information superiority for the U.S. Government and Armed Forces.

A DoD agency, the NRO is staffed by DoD and CIA personnel. It is funded through the National Reconnaissance Program, part of the National Intelligence Program.

Source

You are correct but why jump through hoops where you can download the software from Google and pay ten dollars to get the same data in real time?I have Google Earth and I know where every fixed Russian and Chinese ICBM base.