WWII veterans turned away for dress

ErnstBlofeld

UPI-96201287160241
UPI:

A group of World War II veterans in Dallas for a reunion said they were turned away from Wolfgang Puck's restaurant for failing to comply with the dress code.

Jay Coberly, 93, said he and five fellow veterans tried to dine Tuesday at the Five Sixty restaurant, which rotates atop Reunion Tower, but the hostess told them their unit baseball caps, POW T-shirts and shorts did not comply with the facility's dress code, the Dallas Morning News reported Friday.

"I figure if I spent two years in a POW camp, I could have handled the privilege of sitting in that fancy restaurant a few minutes," Coberly said.

"We weren't dressed like hobos. We were just dressed comfortably," he said. "We've been all over the country, and we've never had this kind of problem. Dallas must be a first-class town."

Stephanie Davis, director of communications for the Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, said the hostess made a mistake and the men would have been admitted if she had spoken to a superior.

I eat at the Spago's in Beverly Hills along with my "girlfriend" twice a month and there is a dress code.There always been a dress code since I started eating there. Men must wear suit and tie and the women in a dress. I have seen many people turned away(including some famous ones) turned away because of improper dress.

The Veteran's comment is sort of disappointing. He thinks because he was a POW he can ignore polite policies. This is a world class restaurant, they had to know there would be a dress code.

The Veteran's comment is sort of disappointing. He thinks because he was a POW he can ignore polite policies. This is a world class restaurant, they had to know there would be a dress code.

I am willing to bet they were acting rude and carrying on causing to be 86st quicker.