Public option effort could be revived if Democrats keep majorities, Clyburn says

Geee

124465-public-option-could-be-renewed-if-democrats-keep-majorities-clyburn-says
The Hill:

Democrats could revive the public healthcare option if they maintain their majorities in Congress, the House Democrats' third-ranking member said Friday.

"Reelect me, keep Democrats on the field. And when we come back next year, maybe we will get to the public option," Majority Whip James Clyburn (S.C.) said during an appearance on the Tom Joyner Morning Show.

Clyburn has been traveling the country and making media appearances this week in an effort to drum up lagging voter enthusiasm on the Democratic side heading into the Nov. 2 midterms.

The public healthcare option was a top prize for liberal activists during the nearly two-year long debate over healthcare reform, but it was scrapped from the final legislation after support for it fell short in the Senate. snip

Wow, I think a lot of his dem buddies running in other places would prefer he kept his mouth shut.

I agree, but if he wants to keep on yakking about a public option, let him. He's only hurting his own cause. B)