I Was a Right-Wing Obama Town-Hall Crasher

saveliberty

i-was-right-wing-obama-town-hall-crasher-nathan-martin
National Review:

The Corner
I Was a Right-Wing Obama Town-Hall Crasher

snip
By Nathan Martin

If I ever belonged on BET, it wouldn’t be like this. Not in a town hall, cast and hosted by MTV, where I’d end up asking Barack Obama a question face to face on live television. But it’s a new era.

Let’s review the facts. I’m a white conservative male from Mississippi. I own a gun. I voted for John McCain. And each morning from 6 to 9 a.m., I help produce a nationally syndicated radio show hosted by Bill Bennett and Rick Santorum. I don’t think MTV casting agents dream about finding the likes of me — not if the online commentariat got the right impression from this casting call.

I suppose that, after the infamous “boxer or brief” incident with President Clinton, people had a right to be skeptical that President Obama would be lobbed anything but softballs. But give MTV its due. Their polls with the AP have been showing Obama’s popularity plummeting among the young and the hopeful — down to 44 percent on Wednesday — and the network committed to challenging the president with questions from a disenchanted crowd.

I ran across the stream online last night. I only heard one question from a young man who asked, paraphrasing, 'everything is in the crapper, why should we consider voting for you again?'

Didn't listen to the 0's answer but I did silently give MTV credit for allowing the question.

Good for MTV. Good for Nathan. And good for Obama.

I would like a president who could articulate their positions, rather than speaking in soundbites and punting...but that may be just how our world is these days.

Good for MTV. Good for Nathan. And good for Obama.

I would like a president who could articulate their positions, rather than speaking in soundbites and punting...but that may be just how our world is these days.

".....articulate their positions"

This is what makes Chris Cristy so refreshing.