O’Donnell: ‘I’ve Got Hannity in My Back Pocket’

Guest areafiftyone

Guest areafiftyone
www.frumforum.com
FRUM FORUM:

Howard Fineman at Huffington Post reports:

Christine O’Donnell may not be a witch, but she knows how to use scare tactics to raise money, top Republican strategists and officials here tell me.

They say the Delaware Republican is loudly complaining about how they won’t support her — and they are not — as a way to generate angry, send-them-a-message donations from her Tea Party base.

Specifically, according to two top GOP insiders, she said at a strategy meeting with DC types last week: “I’ve got Sean Hannity in my back pocket, and I can go on his show and raise money by attacking you guys.”

And that was precisely what she was doing on the radio today. On Hannity’s popular afternoon drive-time show, the Tea Party-inspired Senate contender acidly criticized the party, specifically the National Republican Senatorial Committee, for not funneling any serious cash (beyond a pro forma $43,000) into her race against Democrat Chris Coons.

(The O’Donnell campaign did not respond to a request for comment.)

Hannity, who earlier in the show warned GOP officials not to criticize Tea Party leader Sen. Jim DeMint, expressed sympathy with O’Donnell’s fiscal plight and gave a glowing review of her performance in last night’s televised debate with Coons. Hannity criticized party insiders for not backing her with cash or endorsements.

Click here to read more.

I don't understand the dynamics of what is going on here since I don't live in Delaware. From an outsiders' perspective what I understand is that most people have X number of dollars for campaign contributions. Delaware is a small state. O'Donnell has had money pouring in from everywhere plus the Express gave her a big donation. If she gets people to donate more than they have less to give to their local candidates.

What difference would all this additional money make? Did she waste all the previous money that was given to her campaign? She has had more money infused into her campaign than a lot of people who have to cover bigger ad markets.

I heard Hannity say that he is a Conservative not a Republican so it makes sense she runs to him when she thinks she is being mistreated. She needs to stand up on her own two feet, stop whining and run her campaign with the vast resources she was given. Unless she is looking for a sympathy vote.

Guest areafiftyone

I don't understand the dynamics of what is going on here since I don't live in Delaware. From an outsiders' perspective what I understand is that most people have X number of dollars for campaign contributions. Delaware is a small state. O'Donnell has had money pouring in from everywhere plus the Express gave her a big donation. If she gets people to donate more than they have less to give to their local candidates.

What difference would all this additional money make? Did she waste all the previous money that was given to her campaign? She has had more money infused into her campaign than a lot of people who have to cover bigger ad markets.

I heard Hannity say that he is a Conservative not a Republican so it makes sense she runs to him when she thinks she is being mistreated. She needs to stand up on her own two feet, stop whining and run her campaign with the vast resources she was given. Unless she is looking for a sympathy vote.

I'm going out on a limb here but she seems to be getting her instructions from the Palin camp. She got instructions from the Palin advisers on her debate, she's whining about the liberal media and how the GOP is abandoning her like Palin did and she's not getting enough of the Independents or Moderates to vote for her. I think if she got more professionals to help her out and stayed away from the Palin people she might have had a chance. I'm not talking about Palin specifically but her advisers who seem to be still stuck in a world of not talking about specific issues and specific plans to change them, but in generalities and platitudes.