Republicans Need To Man Up and Ask Black Voters, 'Are You Better Off?'

Geee

republicans_need_to_man_up_and_ask_black_voters,_are_you_better_off
Townhall:

The monolithic pro-Democratic black vote is a clear and present danger to America.

As recently as 1956, the GOP captured 39 percent of the black vote. If Republicans can seize just 20 or 30 percent of the black vote, the Democratic Party -- and its ability to pull the country to the left -- could be stopped, if not reversed.

"The 'black vote'?" I said to a white Republican politician who asked my advice. "I'll tell you how to go after it, but you won't do it."

"Try me," he said.

Politicians, both Democrats and Republicans, treat blacks like children. When a Republican addresses a black audience, you can make book on how long it takes before he refers to Martin Luther King Jr. Either he marched with King or his father did, or the next-door neighbor of his barber's nephew used to mow the Rev. King's father's lawn.

As long as the black vote is a referendum on empathy, compassion and "civil rights," Republicans lose. Nobody can "feel your pain" like a spread-the-wealth, entitlement-expanding, "close-the-inequality-gap" leftist.

"The struggle for civil rights is over," I told him. "The good guys won. The battle now is against wrongheaded 'compassionate' policies. But the most important issue -- by far -- is education."snip

republicans_need_to_man_up_and_ask_black_voters,_are_you_better_off
Townhall:

The monolithic pro-Democratic black vote is a clear and present danger to America.

As recently as 1956, the GOP captured 39 percent of the black vote. If Republicans can seize just 20 or 30 percent of the black vote, the Democratic Party -- and its ability to pull the country to the left -- could be stopped, if not reversed.

"The 'black vote'?" I said to a white Republican politician who asked my advice. "I'll tell you how to go after it, but you won't do it."

"Try me," he said.

Politicians, both Democrats and Republicans, treat blacks like children. When a Republican addresses a black audience, you can make book on how long it takes before he refers to Martin Luther King Jr. Either he marched with King or his father did, or the next-door neighbor of his barber's nephew used to mow the Rev. King's father's lawn.

As long as the black vote is a referendum on empathy, compassion and "civil rights," Republicans lose. Nobody can "feel your pain" like a spread-the-wealth, entitlement-expanding, "close-the-inequality-gap" leftist.

"The struggle for civil rights is over," I told him. "The good guys won. The battle now is against wrongheaded 'compassionate' policies. But the most important issue -- by far -- is education."snip

Part of the problem is the GOP has given up on running credible well funded candidates in cities.

It may be different in other cities, but here in the Twin Cities (MPLS, St Paul) there is no meaningful Republican party.

I understand there is not an unlimited supply of money to spend, but to give up on cities seems to me 1. wrong headed 2. bad short sighted politics.

I agree the question should be:

Republicans need to ask blacks, "Are you better off?" Are blacks better off sending their children to assigned government schools -- as demanded by the teachers unions and the Democratic Party?

While the answer is education (as the article states) the source of the problem is also education. There are continuous stereotypes poured into the collective black mind of 'yeah, right, you are owed something' and 'the Man is gonna pay for it' in our current system.

Too many groups and interests in our system work against illuminating blacks with facts: the faculty and administration of historically black colleges espousing overt and covert theories of BLT in various forms. They work in tandem with white liberals / progressives. It gets simmered with resentment from certain churches (J. Wright), then add in the non-neutral media and toss in the vested politicians who pander for black votes. Then, reflect on the liberal universities who hire professors solely on rhetoric not on talent and let these hires to spout off the same rhetoric as their counterparts at the historically black colleges.

I agree the question should be:

Republicans need to ask blacks, "Are you better off?" Are blacks better off sending their children to assigned government schools -- as demanded by the teachers unions and the Democratic Party?

While the answer is education (as the article states) the source of the problem is also education. There are continuous stereotypes poured into the collective black mind of 'yeah, right, you are owed something' and 'the Man is gonna pay for it' in our current system.

Too many groups and interests in our system work against illuminating blacks with facts: the faculty and administration of historically black colleges espousing overt and covert theories of BLT in various forms. They work in tandem with white liberals / progressives. It gets simmered with resentment from certain churches (J. Wright), then add in the non-neutral media and toss in the vested politicians who pander for black votes. Then, reflect on the liberal universities who hire professors solely on rhetoric not on talent and let these hires to spout off the same rhetoric as their counterparts at the historically black colleges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ3i43xIqw8

Really good stuff, go to the 5:00 minute mark.

2+2=4