Two Hosts Walk Off 'The View' During Argument With Bill O'Reilly About 'Ground Zero Mosque'

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
?test=faces
Fox News:

Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg stormed off the set of "The View" during an appearance by "The O'Reilly Factor" host Bill O'Reilly on Thursday morning.

Conversation during the morning show segment had turned to the so-called "Ground Zero Mosque."

"Seventy percent of Americans don't want that mosque down there," O'Reilly said.

When asked why, O’Reilly explained that the mosque was not supported by the majority of Americans because its location was “inappropriate."

When Goldberg asked why it was inappropriate, citing 70 Muslims who died in the attacks, O'Reilly said: "Because Muslims killed us on 9/11. That's why.”

Goldberg responded, “That is such bulls**t."

"Muslims didn't kill us? Is that what you're saying?" O'Reilly asked.

"Extremists did that!” Goldberg said.

As the conversation became more heated, Behar got up from her seat beside O'Reilly.

"I don’t want to sit here right now, I don’t," Behar said. "I am outraged by that statement.”

Goldberg joined her colleague and the two walked off stage.

Barbra Walters came to their guest's defense.

“I want to say something to all of you. You have just seen what should not happen,” she said. “We should be able to have discussions without washing our hands and screaming and walking off stage. I love my colleagues, but that should not have happened.”

Walters then said to O’Reilly: “Now let me just say in a calmer voice, it was extremists. You cannot take a whole religion and demean them.”

“If anybody felt that I was demeaning all Muslims, than I apologize,” O’Reilly said.

Goldberg and Behar returned to the stage minutes later.

“We’re back because now you apologized,” said Behar.
________

Well, that was big of her... :rolleyes:

I will definitely watch BOR tonight. Good for him!

I think he played it on his radio show today. I saw the View clip, is Behar pregnant?

WVR!

Without Islam, specifically Wahabist Islam, there would have been no 9/11. As far as I know, only Sufi Muslims would allow non-believers to practice their own faith.

Islam means surrender; and they mean you to surrender, not them. They've already surrendered to Muhammad.

For those who don't think the 9-11 attackers weren't Muslims......

The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11The Looming Tower: Al-Qaeda and the Road to 9/11

Lawrence Wright

Booklist

Wright, a talented New Yorker staff writer with a diverse portfolio and a long-standing personal interest in the Middle East, was on the al-Qaeda beat within hours of the 9/11 attacks. The product of his efforts is more deeply researched and engagingly narrated than nearly all of the looming stack of books on Osama bin Laden and his cohorts published in the past five years. The events are familiar: this account begins with theorist Sayid Qutb, covers the trajectories of bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri, and culminates with Mohammed Atta and the collapsing Trade Center. But Wright's interview--fueled, character-driven approach captures both the complexity of individual actors--Qutb's alienation, for example, and bin Laden's struggle for legitimacy--as well as the fluid internal dynamics of the often covert terrorist organization.

The tragic centerpiece of the book, familiar to New Yorker readers, is Wright's sensitive portrayal of John O'Neill, the deeply flawed working-class FBI gumshoe from New Jersey who may have been the only American to fully understand the al-Qaeda threat before 9/11. Wright seems to have found his calling: a perceptive and intense page-turner, this selection and Peter Bergen's The Osama bin Laden I Know (2006) should be considered the definitive works on the topic.

Engrish_Shirts_03.jpg

Whenever I read of these women (Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg) I have to cool down and look at some hot photos.

Edited by Pepper

Engrish_Shirts_03.jpg

Whenever I read of these women I have to cool down.

Pepper!

Me no understand stringy haired "seductive" woman stuffed in 'tater sack.

Engrish_Shirts_03.jpg

Pepper!

Don't you speak Engrish?

Engrish_Shirts_03.jpg

Pepper!

Not understanding this is well within the parameters of A GOOD THING.

For those who do understand it, may I suggest professional counseling...and quickly.

I heard the clip, and I was trying to determine which side the studio audience was on. Anyone know?

Bill had the replay on his show, and he was on Greta as well, and they had more replays there. O'Reilly made a strong case, and Behar and Whoopie couldn't handle a no-spin zone. The audience, I believe, was on his side, especially when they walked off the set.

What I really thought was funny was the way they both sulked back onstage as if the producer told them, "Get yer fat arses back out there or your fired!" :lmfao:

Just watched a clip of the storming off the stage and heard the audience applause. You have to consider who would stand in line to watch this show live. IMHO the applause was for the two women.

Just watched a clip of the storming off the stage and heard the audience applause. You have to consider who would stand in line to watch this show live. IMHO the applause was for the two women.

Did the audience applaud when they returned?

I never understood how anyone can stand to watch The View. Behar is the symbol of a Far Left fanatic. I couldn't tell who the audience was clapping for by the clip but considering they were there to watch that inane show, it was probably for the two that left

I never understood how anyone can stand to watch The View. Behar is the symbol of a Far Left fanatic. I couldn't tell who the audience was clapping for by the clip but considering they were there to watch that inane show, it was probably for the two that left

I'm a guy, so I find The View repugnant, except for Liz Hasselbeck, who's the only true lady on the show, and the only one with a shred of common sense. They brought in Whoopie to replace Rosie O'Donut when it became clear she was so angry about everything the ratings were going down. Why the producers keep Behar around is beyond me, but she and Whoopie both made fools of themselves against Bill by stomping off the stage.

I think watching pain peel would be more entertaining than watching the View, don't know how it stays on the air

Interesting typo. It really works here.

I think watching pain peel would be more entertaining than watching the View, don't know how it stays on the air

Another example of TRR class: Typo's are complimented! Go TRR!

Our site is red hot! Other sites aren't diddly-squat!

U got dat write, SenorWouldTshuk!

Our site is red hot!

SrWoodchuck!

Another example of TRR class: Typo's are complimented! Go TRR!

Our site is red hot! Other sites aren't diddly-squat!