SurveyUSA Delaware Senatorial Survey - Coons 54% O'Donnell 33%

Guest areafiftyone

There is more to this story than O'Donnell as a candidate. She is a female conservative candidate. Palin and O'Donnell are not the only two under fire. Some of the most nasty Dim attacks (along with their proxies in the LMS) are levelled at Whitman, Fiorina, Angle, Bachman and Haley. Political attacks are not only coming from their Dim opponents, either, but in a large part from the GOP PTB. Liberals are calling this "The Year of Conservative Woman, a Setback for Feminism". The fact that women do not just fall on their swords on the altar of Liberal Thought is so abhorrent to the left that these female candidates are the subject of attacks far beyond any sort of normal political mud slinging.

What is GOP PTB?

Not to be contrary and definitely not to start an argument, but why does every Conservative candidate have to be the perfect candidate? Isn't it possible that one or two of them are deeply flawed? I could never solely support someone, especially in a Primary, because of a label.

There is more to this story than O'Donnell as a candidate. She is a female conservative candidate. Palin and O'Donnell are not the only two under fire. Some of the most nasty Dim attacks (along with their proxies in the LMS) are levelled at Whitman, Fiorina, Angle, Bachman and Haley. Political attacks are not only coming from their Dim opponents, either, but in a large part from the GOP PTB. Liberals are calling this "The Year of Conservative Woman, a Setback for Feminism". The fact that women do not just fall on their swords on the altar of Liberal Thought is so abhorrent to the left that these female candidates are the subject of attacks far beyond any sort of normal political mud slinging.

What is GOP PTB?

Not to be contrary and definitely not to start an argument, but why does every Conservative candidate have to be the perfect candidate? Isn't it possible that one or two of them are deeply flawed? I could never solely support someone, especially in a Primary, because of a label.

"PTB"= Powers That Be

I don't know that anyone here is claiming that all Conservative candidates are perfect. In fact, I think most have agreed that O'Donnell is flawed as a candidate, but she is still a better alternative to either Castle or Coons. Many have expressed the opinion that Palin would not be a good candidate in, or even winner of, a Presidential run.

It's not so much that we consider all Conservatives superior candidates, but the current crop of Dims have proven that they will go along with the Liberal Leftist agenda, regardless of the personal values or those of their constituants. I would rather elect an idiot who tries hard to do the right thing than I would a genius hell bent on destruction.

What is GOP PTB?

"PTB"= Powers That Be

I don't know that anyone here is claiming that all Conservative candidates are perfect. In fact, I think most have agreed that O'Donnell is flawed as a candidate, but she is still a better alternative to either Castle or Coons. Many have expressed the opinion that Palin would not be a good candidate in, or even winner of, a Presidential run.

It's not so much that we consider all Conservatives superior candidates, but the current crop of Dims have proven that they will go along with the Liberal Leftist agenda, regardless of the personal values or those of their constituants. I would rather elect an idiot who tries hard to do the right thing than I would a genius hell bent on destruction.

Keep in mind that I am not from Delaware but just for the sake of discussion, wouldn't it be better to have Castle, who has an 87% record of voting with the GOP, then a weak candidate like, O'Donnell, that will lose to a guy that will vote 100% Democratic. I never understood why the Express got so involved in this particular election in a Blue state. I know the Primary is over and I do hope O'Donnell wins so that's not the point. The point is that the Express and Palin were supporting O'Donnell solely because she said she is a Conservative without looking at the total picture, which included whether or not she had a prayer of winning.

In the end, it's better for the country to have someone who will vote with the GOP on the important votes than to lose the Senate seat. Am I being too logical?

What is GOP PTB?

"PTB"= Powers That Be

Keep in mind that I am not from Delaware but just for the sake of discussion, wouldn't it be better to have Castle, who has an 87% record of voting with the GOP, then a weak candidate like, O'Donnell, that will lose to a guy that will vote 100% Democratic. I never understood why the Express got so involved in this particular election in a Blue state. I know the Primary is over and I do hope O'Donnell wins so that's not the point. The point is that the Express and Palin were supporting O'Donnell solely because she said she is a Conservative without looking at the total picture, which included whether or not she had a prayer of winning.

In the end, it's better for the country to have someone who will vote with the GOP on the important votes than to lose the Senate seat. Am I being too logical?

As a member of the House of Representatives Castle's tendency to vote toward the left on social issues was watered down by the sheer number of Representatives involved. In the Senate, however, the margins are too close to take on another liberal Republican.....the issues are too important. And I wouldn't count O'Donnell out, just yet. Polling data is very shaky these days.....telephone polls are done through landlines only.......I know a lot of people who never answer their landline phones, they have them solely for the DSL connection. No one is sure yet just how this fact will skew the polling results.

Stella!

I respect your point of view, and believe me, I don't expect O'Donnell to win........I hope that she will, for the reasons Argyle 58, articulated.

Consider Argyle58's original post and ask.......what threatens the Liberal establishment & some conservatives [PTB] about [in order of their stupidity, lameness dangerousness?] Palin, O'Donnell, Angle, Whitman, Fiorina, Haley & Bachman?

The fact that any of these ladies are not as "perfect" for public office, as a Pelosi, Boxer or Clinton; is because of money, opportunity & most of all.....opinion.

Why shouldn't an inept, idiot conservative be allowed to rise to the level of their own incompetence, as Maxine Waters and many other Marxist liberal females have done?

Stella!

I respect your point of view, and believe me, I don't expect O'Donnell to win........I hope that she will, for the reasons Argyle 58, articulated.

Consider Argyle58's original post and ask.......what threatens the Liberal establishment & some conservatives [PTB] about [in order of their stupidity, lameness dangerousness?] Palin, O'Donnell, Angle, Whitman, Fiorina, Haley & Bachman?

The fact that any of these ladies are not as "perfect" for public office, as a Pelosi, Boxer or Clinton; is because of money, opportunity & most of all.....opinion.

Why shouldn't an inept, idiot conservative be allowed to rise to the level of their own incompetence, as Maxine Waters and many other Marxist liberal females have done?

I guess I just want the good guys to win so badly. I also want the good guys to be good choices. Our country needs the best after the destruction caused by this administration. I guess my ideal candidate would have a good understanding of economics and a thorough understanding of health care. Maybe that's asking way too much. I have given up expecting a high intelligence level in the House but hopefully we can have that standard in the Senate. The Senators are making decisions that impact all of our lives. We should all expect the best people to be making these decisions.

I am trying so hard to understand why we all have to like candidates and heap praises upon them just because they claim to be Conservatives. I don't trust any of them. They say all sorts of things until they get to DC and we find out who they really are.

I do like most of the women that are running for office for the GOP.

When Bush had a slim majority of Repub's......they squandered their chances to govern well.

We are, by the grace of God & the Republican minority, not battling Crap'n'Trade, and other idiot schemes, yet.

I don't care if O'Donnell mumbles & drools.........she can fill a seat & vote for her American constituents, and be replaced at the earliest of conveniences, in a few years; by someone of greater intellect.....or not, if she grows into the job.

I don't necessarily like her, I just want her to win and keep Coons out. I refuse to hold her hostage because she's an intellectual light weight.

What we're talking about, is the difference between acceptance & approval of gay rights. They can protest all they want........I'll accept their choice, and support them as citizens & human beings; but never approve of it as a life-style.

Coons, and liberals.......are where I draw the line.

When Bush had a slim majority of Repub's......they squandered their chances to govern well.

We are, by the grace of God & the Republican minority, not battling Crap'n'Trade, and other idiot schemes, yet.

I don't care if O'Donnell mumbles & drools.........she can fill a seat & vote for her American constituents, and be replaced at the earliest of conveniences, in a few years; by someone of greater intellect.....or not, if she grows into the job.

I don't necessarily like her, I just want her to win and keep Coons out. I refuse to hold her hostage because she's an intellectual light weight.

What we're talking about, is the difference between acceptance & approval of gay rights. They can protest all they want........I'll accept their choice, and support them as citizens & human beings; but never approve of it as a life-style.

Coons, and liberals.......are where I draw the line.

I have a problem when the GOP candidate is blaming the GOP(leadership) for her shortcomings like she did today.She was blaming the very people who support her.