The President's Nun: Obamacare Scranton Scandal Explodes

Geee

the-presidents-nun-obamacare-s
American Spectator:

The President's Nun: Obamacare Scranton Scandal Explodes
By Jeffrey Lord on 10.11.10 @ 6:09AM

Can you say "October Surprise"?

A mushrooming political battle over ObamaCare involving the White House, two incumbent Pennsylvania congressmen, three Catholic hospitals and a nun has just exploded in, of all places, Scranton, Pennsylvania. Charges from the Scranton medical community of intimidation by the Obama White House and its allies are filling the air.

All of this just as Vice President Joe Biden arrives in Scranton today to raise money for one of the participants.
There are two issues at the core of the controversy.

1. ObamaCare and the sale of three Scranton-area Catholic hospitals.
2. The re-election prospects of the two House members, Democrats Paul Kanjorski and Chris Carney, both of whom cast key votes to pass ObamaCare.snip

Memo to Obambi's Nun: Lying and Abortion are both sins. She should be defrocked(or whatever they call it when a Nun breaks the rules of the Church) or outright excommunicated.

And notably, in a town that is heavily Catholic, the realization that three hospitals that did not perform abortions could be sold to owners who would allow the procedure is infuriating.

This story is absolutely disgusting. The people who will suffer the most are the elderly who this nun obviously cares nothing about. She can't even bring herself to tell the truth about why the hospitals are being sold.

Wow.

I am going to say something really heretical here. I think a flat out single payer plan would have been better than this monster of a bill. This thing is horrific, expensive and ridiculously ineffective. It is just the ugliest thing ever and needs to be repealed.

The government needs to put the smallest regulation possible on medical insurance, OR it needs to just take it over. What they are doing now is such a money drain we are going to end up with a health care system WORSE than Europe. It is a complete and utter failure before it even begins.

What a scandal. The next decade is going to be very, very tough on all of us.

Wow.

I am going to say something really heretical here. I think a flat out single payer plan would have been better than this monster of a bill. This thing is horrific, expensive and ridiculously ineffective. It is just the ugliest thing ever and needs to be repealed.

The government needs to put the smallest regulation possible on medical insurance, OR it needs to just take it over. What they are doing now is such a money drain we are going to end up with a health care system WORSE than Europe. It is a complete and utter failure before it even begins.

To all of us it will be expensive, but to some of us it will be deadly!

Wow.

To all of us it will be expensive, but to some of us it will be deadly!

Exactly! The self-deception among the plans supporters is what shocks me.

I wonder how any buyer would feel, after hearing that the purchase was going to go bankrupt after HCR takes affect? I think keeping the sale on track has something to do with the denial of the initial claims.

Memo to Obambi's Nun: Lying and Abortion are both sins. She should be defrocked(or whatever they call it when a Nun breaks the rules of the Church) or outright excommunicated.

Ace!

I believe it's called a "De-Nun-ciation."

My two sons were born in Lutheran Hospital, in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Sometime in 2007, Lutheran began to experience financial problems and started to look for a larger entity, for support & incorporation. The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, which also operates St. Joseph's Hospital [Denver], proposed to take over management, and infuse it with cash to reduce it's debt structure, and allow the fairly good sized community hospital [Lutheran] to remain open. They were immediately sued by NARAL, the ACLU, Planned Parenthood and a group of Lutheran abortion providers; with the intent of making Sisters of Charity break their ERD [Ethical Religious Directive] regarding abortions, euthanasia & tubal ligations. They even made statements at the time that they would,"....rather see Lutheran close completely, than to lose these vital procedures...." The running lawsuit required Sisters of Charity to pony up litigation dollars for over 2 years in a number of vindictive suits. The plaintiffs eventually were told they had no standing, by the Colorado Attorney General. The sale was completed, [mid-2009] the Sisters of Charity now run Lutheran.....and a 515 bed community hospital was allowed to remain open. I'm thinking that some attempt will be made again, by the government and the same group of litigants, to demand that secular laws should trump religious ethics. I predict that they will lose, and the Sisters of Charity will withdraw their support & close a necessary institution that benefits the community.

He who has the gold.......makes the rules.

He who tries to steal the gold, and alter the rules to suit himself....is a fool.

That is democratic strategy, though.

Ace!

I believe it's called a "De-Nun-ciation."

My two sons were born in Lutheran Hospital, in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Sometime in 2007, Lutheran began to experience financial problems and started to look for a larger entity, for support & incorporation. The Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth, which also operates St. Joseph's Hospital [Denver], proposed to take over management, and infuse it with cash to reduce it's debt structure, and allow the fairly good sized community hospital [Lutheran] to remain open. They were immediately sued by NARAL, the ACLU, Planned Parenthood and a group of Lutheran abortion providers; with the intent of making Sisters of Charity break their ERD [Ethical Religious Directive] regarding abortions, euthanasia & tubal ligations. They even made statements at the time that they would,"....rather see Lutheran close completely, than to lose these vital procedures...." The running lawsuit required Sisters of Charity to pony up litigation dollars for over 2 years in a number of vindictive suits. The plaintiffs eventually were told they had no standing, by the Colorado Attorney General. The sale was completed, [mid-2009] the Sisters of Charity now run Lutheran.....and a 515 bed community hospital was allowed to remain open. I'm thinking that some attempt will be made again, by the government and the same group of litigants, to demand that secular laws should trump religious ethics. I predict that they will lose, and the Sisters of Charity will withdraw their support & close a necessary institution that benefits the community.

He who has the gold.......makes the rules.

He who tries to steal the gold, and alter the rules to suit himself....is a fool.

That is democratic strategy, though.

This is going on with every Catholic hospital all over the country right now, Sr Woodchuck. There is a lot of pressure that every hospital that accepts Medicaid or Medicare money has to do abortions and give the morning after pill. This war has been going on for years.